Post Natal Articles
Articles that are especially for new mums! Your body goes through such enormous changes during pregnancy and needs a little TLC following the birth of your baby. BellyBelly's Post-Natal articles will help you understand how you can help your body during this time and will give you an idea of what you might expect from your body post-baby.
1 - 25 of 44 Post Natal Articles
As a new mother, different things excite you - and it doesn't take much. If you're pregnant, find out what 8 lame things will excite you as a new mother.
Parents - do you worry often? Here are 10 things that parents often worry about but should stop - now! Which of these 10 worries are true for you?
Competitive mothers - we all know one (and hopefully not more!). Here are 8 ways to spot a competitive mum as well as some helpful advice on dealing with them.
A mother's first birth-day. WARNING: This video will leave you sobbing like a baby! But you can't NOT watch it.
Broken sleep goes hand in hand with parenting, but is broken sleep as bad as having just a few hours sleep? Here are 6 tips to help with broken sleep.
Having a baby is pretty exhausting work - but there are some compelling reasons why we need to help mothers get more sleep. Here are 14.
Are you a cloth nappy addict? Here are 30 signs that you may be addicted to cloth nappies. What did you score out of 30?
Are you guilty of judging formula feeding mothers? Here's 12 reasons why you shouldn't judge those who choose to use formula.
Mamas on social media - a humourous take on 13 types of mamas you'll find posting on Facebook, pinning on Pinterest and tweeting on Twitter. Don't read if you're easily offended!
Dads: no matter what you do, DO NOT say these 12 things to a new mother. A humourous article about the least things she wants to hear.
A hilarious cartoon about the irony of 'The Motherhood Experience'. All mothers should be able to relate very well to these funny cartoons!!!
What does a stay at home mum really do all day? Filmmaker Matt Bieler was inspired to show the world exactly that in his short film '3 Queens'. Check it out here!
A ganglion cyst - or as it was once known 'mother's wrist' - is a swelling on the wrist, which is a sac of leaked fluid caused by wrist strain. Find out the symptoms and treatment of a ganglion cyst.
A birth reclaiming ceremony is where a mother who has experienced a traumatic, upsetting or disappointing birth, has an opportunity to heal. Find out more here.
Suffering from a case of the dreaded 'mummy brain'? Misplacing your keys every five minutes? Lost your mobile phone, AGAIN? Lost for words? Find out about mummy brain, what you can do to help and how to cope with mummy brain.
After you've had a baby, you may notice what seems to be a huge amount of hair loss. Find out why you lose so much hair after baby.
Just had a baby? Here are five top tips for mothers that I wish knew the first time I had a baby.
Stomach fat is tricky. It can be stubborn to shift and because it is easily gained - it can be one of the most frustrating types of fat. If you've recently had a baby and are wondering how to lose stomach fat, read on.
Placenta encapsulation allows you to consume the placenta in capsule form - eating raw placenta is not required! Find out why more women are opting for placenta encapsulation.
There are many myths or common misconceptions about motherhood that can add to the stressors faced by new mothers as well as new fathers. Not being aware of some of these myths and their influence can change the way a new mother approaches her new role, slowing down her adjustment to it. For some women this can be a powerful part of PND. Read more to find out if you could be experiencing a case of the blues or if it's possible you could have PND or something more serious.
When everything fell into a spiralling heap in 2002, I decided to attend a baby sleep school, which was one of my worst memories as a mother. Find out why.
Birth by caesarean can have powerful psychological effects on women and their ability to adjust to motherhood. A woman's experience of her caesarean birth and her perceptions of the event, are influenced by multiple complex factors. Find out what they are in this article based on Australian as well as overseas research.
Leaving the safety of a hospital or a Mother and Baby Unit and returning to the place where life was difficult can be very stressful. Here are some great tips from a PND survivor to help make this time a less stressful one.
Sex after birth can be a worrying subject for some women. They may worry about their vagina being looser or wider after birth and wonder if sex will ever feel the same again - for them and their partner. We've interviewed real-life women to find out if they or their partner noticed a difference in sensation after giving birth. Find out who's having the multiple orgasms!
A menstrual cup is a small, reusable cup that collects menstrual flow instead of absorbing it. Great for your body and the environment.
- 10 Things Not To Say To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
- 16 Things Pregnant Women Want Their Partners To Know
- 20 Things Your Toddler Is Trying To Say To You
- 36 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
- 9 Sneaky Ways Formula Companies Try To Win You Over
- A Doctor Warns: This Activity May Have Damaging Effects On Your Baby’s Brain
- A Mother’s First Birth-day. WARNING! Tissues Essential
- Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Treatments For A Blocked Nose
- Childbirth Classes: 9 Reasons Why Private Classes Get Better Results
- Delayed Cord Clamping – Why You Should Demand It
- Induction of Labour – The Risks of Labour Induction
- Ovulation Pain – 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It | BellyBelly
- Placenta Encapsulation – Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
- Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- The 4th Trimester – 8 Ways To Create An Awesome One For Your Baby
- Thrush Treatment – Get Rid of Thrush For Good (Yes, It’s True!)
- VBAC Sabotage – 9 Things That De-Rail Your VBAC Attempt
- Weaning: 6 Tips To Help Make The Right Decision
- What Stay At Home Parents Mean When We Say We Need a Break