Christmas Cupcake Recipe
These Christmas cupcake recipes provide you with a lovely festive season treat, full of rich flavors and endless topping options, while you are on the go. These will remind you of the Christmas cakes you use to have at your grandmothers, when you were a kid, but without the need for plates, forks, knives, napkins, etc. The kids could customise their own Christmas cupcake.
Starry Christmas Cupcake Recipe
If you’re gearing up for the festive season, you might be looking for ways to dress up usual party food with a more Christmassy theme. You can’t go wrong with these cute little cupcakes that kids and adults will love! You’ll look like a creative genius to your friends and family, but don’t panic – its so very easy!
Half the fun of making Christmas cupcakes is picking the decorations to go on the top. Once you have the inspiration, the sky is the limit.
Even in your local supermarket or cake store, you’ll find so many cute, edible delights to buy – all ready made – so you can have fun and involve the children as well.
These cakes are made using buttercream, but you could use ready to roll Royal Icing.
- For the cupcakes:
- 110g/4oz butter (you can use margarine)
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- For the buttercream:
- 140g/5oz butter softened
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 240g/10oz icing sugar
- Food colouring of choice
- Prepare a baking tray with the cupcake cases on, or a holed cake tin, but still use the cases.
- Heat oven to 180C
- Cream butter and sugar together until soft and pale in colour. Do not overbeat the mixture as it may curdle.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time, add the vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Fold in the flour, and add some of the milk. Mix together and add more milk until the mixture drops off the spoon. Spoon into the cupcake cases to just over halfway.
- Bake for 15mins until golden brown on top.
- Cool for 10mins and then place on to a wire rack and leave to completely cool before icing.
- For the icing, beat the butter until soft and creamy and add the icing sugar slowly, mixing each time you add some. Add a little milk until the mix is nice and smooth.
- If you want to add food colouring, do so now and mix until it has all blended in. Take a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle and work the icing through in a circular motion.
- Add coloured sprinkles, edible gold dust, sugar balls and edible stars to decorate, or anything you want to make them Christmassy.
White Christmas Cupcake Recipe
As you guessed it, the theme of these Christmas cupcakes are snow. There are a number of alternatives that you can use to create the white snow on the Christmas cupcake, I hope that you try and enjoy them all.
– poste by BBC good food
White Christmas Cupcake Recipe Tips
- Instead of icing, you could whip up some full cream and use the cream as the snow topping for the cupcake.
- You could also sprinkle coconut flakes over the White Christmas icing or cream to give it a snow flake look.
- Serves: 12 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- Cooking Time: 20mins
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Line cupcake tin with paper cake cases.
- Place all the ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl using 4 tbsp of the orange juice, then beat together for 1-2 mins until smooth.
- Spoon the cake mix into each case, so they are three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20mins or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack.
- For the icing, beat the butter, vanilla and icing sugar until pale and creamy, adding 1-2 tbsp warm water to loosen, if needed. Ice the cakes with a palette knife or use a pipping bag to create swirls or snow bumps.
- Cut candy canes and pencil sweets into 4cm lengths and stick them into the icing as a decorative feature.
- Add green icing to the top of the cupcake and decorate with rainbow pearl sprinkles.