Pork Slow Cooker Recipes
Pork slow cooker recipes that are tried and tested by our very own BellyBelly members! For a delicious pork slow cooker recipe be sure to try out these mouth-watering favourites including barbeque pulled pork, pork spare ribs, sweet & sour pork and more!
Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Barbecue Recipe
– Posted by nic
- 1 boneless pork shoulder or butt roast ~ 1.5kg – 2kg in size.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Half teaspoon ground red pepper (I think I may have left this one out?)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce – approx 530ml.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar.
- Trim excess fat from pork. Combine salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper and red pepper in small bowl; rub over roast.
- Place onion and capsicum in the slow cooker, add pork. Combine barbecue sauce and brown sugar in a bowl, then pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 – 10 hours.
- The recipe says to transfer roast to a cutting board, trim any fat and pull the pork into coarse shred using 2 forks. We found that when we pulled it out of the slow cooker, it fell apart anyway!
- Says to serve it with the sauce on some tortilla wraps or over rice. So we did both, rice on the wraps with the pork, sauce and some capsicum on top, and rolled them up.
Pork Slow Cooker Spare Ribs with Plum Sauce
– Posted by Cailin
- 1/3 cup plum jam – I put up to 1/2 cup
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tsp soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 clove, or 1 tsp minced garlic
- Ribs of course – I cut them up individually to get them really well coated in the delicious saucy marinade.
These cooked quite quickly, about 4 hours. To get them sticky pop them in a hot oven for about 10 minutes, but they don’t necessarily need it!
Pork Slow Cooker and Pineapple Curry
– Posted by Debbie Lee
- 1kg (2lb) lean pork, cut into cubes
- 40g flour
- 5ml (1tsp) salt
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 15ml (1tbs) curry powder
- 15ml paprika pepper
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 454g (1lb) can pineapple pieces (incl. syrup/juice)
- 2 bay leaves
- Toss the pork in the flour and salt. In a large pan heat the oil and brown the meat.
- Lift out onto a plate with a draining spoon.
- In the same pan, fry the onions until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder and paprika pepper. Fry for 2 minutes then return meat to the pan.
- Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and transfer to SC.
- Cook for the recommended time.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. High 3-4 hours. Auto 6-8 hours.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
– Posted by Tamara
Marinade for Pork
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed (or 2tsp crushed garlic)
- 1 tin of pineapple (keep JUICE)
- 1 Red Capsicum Sliced
- 1 Green Capsicum Sliced
- 1 Stick Celery Chopped
- Any Asian style veggies, eg. Bok Choy, Snow Peas…
- 500g-1kg cubed pork (depending on how much meat you like)
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown vinegar/sherry
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Leftover marinade
- Put Meat and Marinade together into container and store in the fridge whilst preparing veggies. This will tenderise the meat as well as give it extra flavour and lock in some of the juices.
- Prepare veggies and chuck into a bowl. KEEP PINEAPPLE SEPARATE along with its juice.
- After 20mins, take our Pork from the fridge and add to SC. If some of the marinade gets in, don’t stress as you will need some liquid in there.
- Add the veggies (NOT THE PINEAPPLE)
- Add the sauce but keep the PINEAPPLE AND JUICE OUT.
- Turn onto Auto cook for about 6-8hours, even Low for a bit longer.
- If you are having Bok Choy with it, add it when you do the following last step as Bok Choy is best cooked for less time.
- When it has an hour to go, add Pineapple pieces and Juice and stir through. Cook for a further 1 hour on LOW setting as not to make pineapple mushy.
- Serve with Rice or Noodles.
Pork Slow Cooker w/ Garlic, White Wine & Fennel Seeds
– Posted by iluvella
- 2 – 4 large pork steaks
- 1 large pieces of potato cut into quarters
- 1 large sweet potato cut into quarters
- 1 onion cut into quaters
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 80g butter, diced
- tsp salt, pepper and fennel seeds
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 can mixed beans
- 1 cup button mushrooms quartered
- Scatter the potato and onion quarters on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Placed the pork steaks on top of the veg.
- Sprinkle a tsp of fennel seeds, sea salt and cracked pepper over pork.
- Pour 2/3 cup chicken stock and 2/3 cup dry white wine around pork.
- Put the slow cooker on low for about 4-5 hrs.
- Added beans and button mushrooms about 30mins before serving.
Pork Slow Cooker Baked Leg or Shoulder
- 1.5kg Pork leg or Shoulder boned
- 1 buch of thyme, lemon thyme, rosemary and oregano
- 4 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- A boned leg or shoulder piece (whatever you prefer) cut off the rind (you can cook the rind in the oven for crackling if you like!).
- Place some handfuls of fresh herbs in the slow cooker (e.g. thyme, lemon thyme, rosemary, oregano) and add 3-4 garlic cloves (unpeeled is okay).
- Add the pork, browned if you prefer but not essential.
- Add 1/2 cup of liquid, either water or chicken stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on auto for around 8 hours and the meat comes apart in chunks.
If you like, you can remove the herb stalks and squeeze the garlic out of it’s skin, and make a delicious gravy to go over the pork.
Sweet Pork w/ Apples & Prunes
– posted by Blackbird
- 2kg forequarter pork chops (trimmed)
- 2 tbs oil
- 3 medium red onions – cut into wedges
- 4 medium green apples – cored and quartered
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 250g pitted prunes
- 1 tbs sage
- Brown 2kg forequarter pork chops (fat trimmed) in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Transfer to plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan and add red onions cut wedges, cook until softened and slightly brown.
- Add green apples toss in pan, stirring frequently until apple begins to colour.
- Place the mix in the bottom of Slow Cooker and add the chops
- Add the chicken stock, pitted prunes and 1 tablespoon fresh sage. Cook this on high for 3-4 hrs or low 6-8 hours.
- Season to taste and serve with a sprinkle of fresh sage. (From the Sunbeam slow cooker book).
Pork Slow Cooker – Chops and Apple
-posted by BellyBelly
- 6 pork loin chops (trimmed)
- 6 tart apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Salt to taste
- Brown chops sprinkle with salt during browning.
- Place into the slow cooker, combining remaining ingredients and pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-9 hours depending on your slow cooker.
- The apples break down to form most of the juice/sauce, making for a yummy casserole as the meat comes away from the bone.
For more information in buying the right slower cooker for you, we recommend you review the following;
Slow Cooker Reviews
To find out more about slow cookers recipes, you can read BellyBelly’s article :