Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP, HELP, HELP severe nappy rash

Exclamation HELP, HELP, HELP severe nappy rash

hey all i have identical twin daughter who have just got some more teeth through. Only one of my twin got nappy rash for the second time ever now its turned into severe nappy rash. It doesnt seem to be bothering her but its definately bothering me its awful to see her with it and i cant get it to go away.I was using zinc and castor oil cream and that was making it worse, now im using sudocream which used to work great, now its doing nothing. Ive heard savlon, athletes foot cream and some others are good. I need some good advice on what other mums use to get rid of nappy rash. Please help!!! i dont wanna me my little girl like this anymore.

I was told by the hospital that Bepanthen is very good and has worked very well for me in the past. I dont use it too often though. Also there are some chemists that make up their own mixture, I used to get it from a chemist near hear, it had coal tar and other stuff in it, worked an absolute treat. I hope you find something that works for you.

Go the Paw paw cream mate!! it works an absolute TREAT!!!
    I hope I have got that right... paw paw.... not papaya.. yeah no paw paw cream.. you should be able to get it from your chemist.. I was just speaking to someone last night who used that on a teehing todd and when they gave it to thier day care centre to use on his bum the day care centre seen it work almost instantly so they adopted the cream themselvs!!

Good luck sweetheart and I hope it goes away soon!!
    xoxo

Sarah, sometimes they can get thrush on their bottoms and it looks like severe nappy rash. There is a cream called Daktozin which helps fungal nappy rash. It could be worth a try.

Might be worth taking her to the MCHN, or the chemist/DR???

Lot's of Nappy off time on a towel/blanket!???

Definitely try the Lucas pawpaw ointment. Also try bathing her in warm water with some bicarb soda in it, have been told that by a number of nurses and I did that to DD when she was younger. Poor little mite, hope it clears up soon.

I was going to suggest that it might be thrush too. If it is none of the other sort of creams will make it clear up. You need to use an angti fungal cream, I would NOT use athletes foot stuff on my baby's bits, They are far too sensitive, I wouldn't put it near mine, thats for sure.

Go to your GP or even the Chemist to get them to have a look at it for you. Also let her go without a nappy as much as possible. Fresh air will do her wonders.

Good luck and a huge cuddle for your little princess

dont use savlon - ouch!burns.
    bree just had a burn type rash from poo - bepanthen worked for us.
    lots of no nappy time and change her asap. dont use disposable wipes - esp. if they have alcohol in them. use a very wet facewasher (and wash it:P) or cut up chux cloths and use that
    lots of baths!

Hello, we always had a really good prevention factor from Amolin cream - it combines zinc, almond oil and calamine, which are all very soothing. I never used anything else. It's quite oily too so prevented most rash before it began.

However, if it's really bad, worth getting checked out by MCH or your doctor, just so as not to prolong the agony! Hope it gets better soon!

I've heard paw paw cream works a treat too, but I'd first give her heaps of nappy free time to air it out. See how that goes after a couple of hours.
    Hope it heals soon.

If it hurts when she pees, it may be thrush. If so use daktarin cream (which is an antifungal) about 3 times a day. Wash with water between each nappy change (and dry), and try to get lots of nappy free time.
    You can use daktozin, but if you use cloth nappies, it has zinc oxide in it, so it may coat the nappies and render them water proof!!

We are big nappy rash people here - I have had all sorts of nasty teething rash with Jenna. She flares up every time she is cutting new teeth - and her sores are seriously nasty.

i dont think its thrush because it doesnt seem to be bothering her at all. its bothering me more than her. im was using zinc and castor oil that seem to make it worse. im now using bepanthen but im gonna get some paw paw cream. i give her heaps of nappy free time but everytime she poos and wees on my carpet

pebbles2820 Guest

Definiteley Paw paw ointment, worked perfectly on all three of mine and is found at the chemist.

Penny

Paw paw cream is the best...we use it for everything for years now. Id also leave her to have nappy off time too..itll be cleared up in no time.

Jo

I have found for my daughter when a bub, HYDROZOLE cream was best for her...its an anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory cream in one for sensitive skin you will need to ask the chemist for it!

But my son had a bad nappy rash due to gastro and hydrozole didnt work for him so i asked the chemist and he made me up the following from out the back...
    ITHTHAMMOL 5% in zinc cream and caster oil with wool fat 15%
    it smells a bit like tar but it worked absolute wonders...good luck

Trish, was your comment about athletes foot stuff IRT to Daktozin? It says its for fungal nappy rash only (says nothing about tinea or anything else) so I thought it would be all right for bums. Also it was recommended by a friend, but mind you she gives her kids things I'd never give mine so maybe I should have researched more first. Has anyone else used this? I'm not too worried though, Jack has only had nappy rash a couple of times so I doubt I'd have used the cream more than twice.

Melanie, no only to the one that is desgined for the feet, you can get different creams and I didn't want anyone grabbing the foot one for a fanny

The one designed for baby's bum thrush is different.

Cool, thanks Trish. I feel better now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast