Thread: Rashes

Default Rashes

Hi All,

My daughter has the worst skin and now developing a rash all over her body =(

She has really dry skin that oozes out this liquid and bad cradle cap.

Doctor has prescribed some Hydrozole but I am reluctant to use too much of it.

She is currently 2months going on 3 months next week:

* Sorbolene
    * Baby oil in the bath
    * Olive oil

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

I use olive oil and a plasic nit comb for cradle cap. I leave the olive in for a few hours , the longer the better, put a hat on bub, then comb in out with the nit comb.

For rashes, dry skin, nappy rash, I use GAIA - Skin Soothing Lotion. It cost about $10 at the chemist. It is all natural and organic and the bottle lasts Ages.

Exactly the same thing happned to my boy at 4 weeks. I took him to the dr and he prescribed him CORTIC-DS Hydrocortisone cream and told me to apply it twice a day. It made it soooooo much worse, his face was like a tomato. It looked as though he had red raw skin. I started using a solution in his bath called Pinetarsol. The bottle says to use 5ml for a baby bath (one cap full) But I just use a quarter of a cap because it is very strong and his skin has cleared up. Make sure you don't get it in her eyes. During his bath I use baby shampoo for the cradle cap and make a big lather with a flannel and that usually gets it all off. After the bath I use QV moisturising cream on his body and I use Ungvita Vit A ointment (smells a little fishy but is AWESOME!!!!!!!!) on his face and he now has the most beautiful soft baby skin!!!
    I hated it cause it took a while for it to change his skin and I really felt for him, but like I said it is sooo gorgeous now!
    You can get all the stuff from the chemist. You don't have to use any of this information, just letting you know my experience. Take or leave what you will. I hope you get some help out of it though.

Just wondering how you are going with your daughters skin?