Thread: Any theories on what causes flat temps?

Default Any theories on what causes flat temps?

As if nobody realised it already, this month is a shocker! I've NEVER had such consternation or frustration with a chart.

If anybody has any theories or knowledge on what causes flat temps, I'd love to hear them.

Background info:

1) New thermometer and have "tested" alongside old one as well so no issues there.
    2) OPKs for the first time this cycle. DEFINITE positive on two consecutive days. EVERY other OPK from CD1 until present has had two lines on it. Easily visible lines in all lighting and from arms' length. Getting slightly darker again now.
    3) Maybe Baby registered ferning at the appropriate time and then back to "infertile" until yesterday and today when I got full ferning again. BUT...this happened last month as well although not until a little later in my LP.
    4) If I change to the Research tuner it gives me an O date of CD10.

Any advice, opinions or thoughts?

Lisa
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fd71c

Last edited by Mumintaz; August 29th, 2006 at 11:28 AM.

And bumping by adding: An even darker OPK this morning and a temp rise. If I have two more temps in this range I see the Possibly Triphasic message again.

Lisa

Lisa ur chart looks really promising to me those high temps look good!!!
    I'm the opposite my temps are all low - below 36 for a good 8-10 days now?????? All my other signs r good but no rise in temp to suggest pg or even ov and i'm on day 24 of a usually 34 day cycle???? Any ideas?

If you go to FF and on the menu down the left of your chart it has a tab called Sharing. Click on that then on Home Page Setup. In one of the dialogue boxes there it should have a link. Select that entire link and copy and paste it onto a reply so I can take a squizz at your chart.

Without actually seeing it, the first thing that pops into my mind is that this could be an anovulatory cycle. It isn't uncommon for women to have them once in a while.

On the subject of MY chart, I'm not sure what to think. I am really not that confident, my bd timing was really so way off due to DH packing it in and getting a dose of "the grumps". This chart is WAY different to any other chart I've ever had in the past.

Oh well...time will tell for me. But I'm not getting excited.

Lisa

Ok i'll try to figure out this home pg thing - what does anovulatory cycle mean??

How off was ur bd? Do u think there still may be a chance? Ur temps are flat but they are consistently high - shouldn't that be a good sign?

Anovulatory simply means "without ovulation". Just means that you don't pop an egg that cycle. Do a search on FF for Anovulatory charts...it's really quite common. It's just if you KEEP having them that you need to get help.

As you're breastfeeding still, it could still be the levels of prolactin that are suppressing ovulation too.

Bding only got a good rating this cycle. My temps are always high post-O, although usually my coverline is a lot lower....around 36.55 instead of 36.68 like this time. I just don't know what the flat temps mean. Have never had them before myself. Lots of charts with flatline temps in the FF gallery though.

Oh well....early days and a watched pot never boils and all that stuff!

Lisa

Yes ur right. I was just having a look at the sucessful charts in bb and there are a couple with flat temps too. Thanks for ur advice...unfort i feel a bit down now thinking i haven't even o'd but i guess it's out of my control

I have added the link but it's not working - will try again.

Yep, keep working on adding the link (for future reference anyway), but in the meantime, I cut and pasted what you had there (and fixed the .com bit in the middle) and had a squizz at your chart. Your temps are getting progressively lower. That could be a good thing though. At least if they're down, they can only go up again. Watch your temps and your bding in the next couple of days....there is every likelihood that you could be gearing up to O now.

Don't feel bad. There isn't a lot you can do about it at the moment anyway.

Lisa

Thanks heaps Lisa - u are a great source of info!!!!!!! Also i fixed my link! Hopefully i'm just o'ing really late this month

Keep me informed if u have any more progress too!

Holy dropping temps!! Now THAT is a dip. I don't know if I should worry or not...but I guess there is STILL at least 5 days before I'm supposed to expect AF to visit. Hopefully it will come back up tomorrow.

Lisa

HI Lisa - wow that is a dip....well at least u've got rid of those flat temps for now Will that u get another rise tomorrow!

Still feeling nauseous today but no cramping. Not sure what is up. Oh well. It's not like I was getting my hopes up for this cycle anyway. Just want it to be over now.

Lisa

I know what u mean Lisa - HATE the waiting game!!!

I'm thinking of skipping the whole charting thing next month and just take it as it comes....i'm finding it all a bit stressful and disappointing. The anticipation of everything...the temp drop before o, the rise afterwards, the continued temp elevation, the symptoms to go along with it all, wondering if AF is around the corner....ahhhhh. I'm done with it for now i think. Fell pg first go with dd without all this stuff so i'll see if taking the stress off it all helps.

Wishing u all the best over the next week or so - would LOVE it to be ur month Lisa - u've been looking forward to it for a while now Keep me updated!!!

Hey Lisa I had an issue with flat temps last moth & posted on FF... Someone told me it just means your hormones are regulating & nothing sinister. Well that is after checking the thermometer etc which you already have done.

Lisa - just had a squizz at ur chart again - OMG it looks great!!!!!!! Do u think that drop yesterday could have been implantation cause i was reading on FF last night that sometimes u can detect implantation 7-10 days after o by a sudden temp dip...and that's what urs looks like. Not meaning to get ur hopes up but it looks hopeful Sending HEAPS of

It certainly could be, the timing is right. Not getting my hopes up though. Last month I had the triphasic chart and a BFN, the months before that I've had the spotting and BFN's so now I've got the implantation dip to match!

Crossing fingers anyway and thank you for the babydust....every little bit helps!

Lisa