Thread: 4.5 months old and cross cutting teeth!!!

Default 4.5 months old and cross cutting teeth!!!

Felix is 4.5 months and has already got his first tooth...with the second on the way...

Both teeth are more in the molar region and are causing him great problems...especially at night...

He used to sleep through the night but for the last week he has been having 3 night feeds (the only thing that helps) as well as Nurofen.

Bonjella doesn't seem to work at all...

Has anyone else got any suggestions?

Poor little thing...he's in so much pain...and I imagine that because it's his big teeth coming through, it's even worse!

Hi monnie, a pharmacist friend of mine said that babies like bonjella because of the taste, but that it doesn't actually do much for their pain. I switched to SM-33 and found that to be much better for their teething pain. HTH!!! Good luck!!!

Yeah my sister used SM-33 for her son when he was teething, and I tried it on Jensen and it worked sooo much better, and instantly! From cranky baby to laughing in the space of minutes! I'm switching tomorrow when I get to the chemist!

Jensen's cross teething too, the ones that'll pop thru first are looking likely to be top right 2nd across and bottom left 3rd across (1 being the front ones) if that makes sense. Its really red, sensitive to touch and the gum is softer over that tooth.

what is SM-33 please

Big hugs Monnie. Teething is so hard, and cross-cutting is worse (both mine did too). And it is early so you mustn't have been expecting it yet. As well as gel, you can try panadol and cold things to chew on. You can get teething rings that you put in the fridge and they go cold. You can also put a wet flannel in the fridge for them to chew on. My boys loved chewing cold things when teething.

I hope it passes soon for you, I guess the only comforting I can really say is that at least it might be over with more quickly given the early start, and often the first few teeth are the worst, so the next lot might give you all a whole lot less grief. GL.

SM-33 is a mouth gel similar to bonjela.

Monnie I hope that you get some respite from the teething I have wet a facewasher on one corner and put it in the freezer for a while and let bub chew on it. Seems to help.
    Cross cutting is awkward cos you don't know where the hurties are till they are just about to come through. I've ben through that with two of mine now

Can someone please tell me what cross cutting is?

I have no suggestions but we are in the same boat as you, there is a big angry red lump on his gum (where I think molars would be) and he has been up at least 3 times a night for the last week. Bonjela doesn't seem to do anything and baby panadol isn't helping either. I will give the SM-33 a try.

Art - cross cutting is when the teeth come out of normal order

I was wondering what cross cutting was too, in what order are they meant to come through?

I think it's the bottom front two teeth first followed but the top front teeth...

Felix's back bottom tooth has emerged first!

Thankfully...he's settling down now after a month of really tricky nights...he doesn't sleep through like he used to anymore (before teething) but at least he's only waking 1-2 times now!

Thanks for all the hints!

SM33 works far more effectively than Bonjella for Felix. Also, I had him on Nurofen but was advised after a week of really difficult nights to take him off it as it was causing stomach problems which was causing him lots of pain. Things have been considerably better since we stopped the Nurofen.

poor pet

the question about order for teeth is

bottom 2 central incisors (6-10mths)
    top 2 central incisors (8-12mths)
    2 top lateral incisors (9-13mths)
    2 bottom lateral incisors (10-16mths)
    4 first molars (13-19mths)
    4 canine/cuspids (between 1st molar and lateral inicsor) 16-23mths)
    4 second molars (23-33mths)

this is the average age noraml guide as such on primary teeth eruption

Jack has all bar top 2 canines and 2nd molars he started teething at 4 1/2 mths

jennifercarlos Guest

Default Hi,

I have same problem as you. I was check this site and remove my problems
    site is " Baby - Teething " try it.
    Last edited by jennifercarlos; February 29th, 2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: No answer was given.