Thread: Molars erupting under 12 months????

Default Molars erupting under 12 months????

My bub cut all the teeth babies are supposed to get in the age of 6-12 months by 6 months.....so he has 8 teeth in total.

He has just started grinding and grinding his teeth, is dribbling, is flushed, is cranky, is cranky, is cranky and sticks anything he can in his mouth - on the sides.

I had a look at a tooth eruption chart and it states that babies don't develop their molars until past 12 months. Has anyone else experienced early molar development before 12 months with their bub?

If not - maybe he is part shark?

Blake is 7.5months
    Last edited by Pensta; January 9th, 2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Left age of son out

Hi there,

My DS cut all 8 front teeth by 8 months and cut his first molar under 12 months (around 10-10.5 months). He is now 12.5 months and is currently cutting his 2nd molar.

He showed all the symptoms you are talking about and it was such a relief when the tooth finally cut. He was still cranky until it came through quite a way. We had a small break and now this one. I think all up we had about 4-6 weeks before it was over (coming, breaking through, and coming up). You can generally see the gum getting bigger and swollen.

I just gave him lots of teething rings, rusks etc. Also I swear by Hylands teething tablets - they make the BIGGEST difference to his mood and comfort.

Ooooh, I just heard about Hylands teething tablets today, a lady in the bank told me about them LOL! She said she swears by them, used them with great succes for all of her kids.

Will have to investigate, I need more sleep than I got last night. And DS only has two teeth so far, so we've a long way to go!

Yep DD had 4 of them before her 1st bday, so she has 14 teeth.

Nina cut her 4 molars at 11 months. Now at 16 months she has all of her teeth.

There is really no such thing as normal with teething. Some babies are born with teeth (poor mums!!) and I know of a child who got his first tooth at 12 months. Molars under 12 months are not uncommon, both my boys did too - they were both cross-cutters.

Lol - update!

Since I posted this, DS still has not shown signs of molars...until now and hes 10 months. My goodness is he grumpy!! Poor little tyke

I can't see any signs of an erupting molar, but I know its imminent....espesh how he chews on his fingers, the pram, his cot, my face...... and he sleeps about 3 x 45 min naps during the day.

Oh well - first of many rites of passage I guess.

What is cross cutting???

cross cutting is where they are getting more than one tooth or sets of teeth at the same time. DS cross cut 8 teeth at once and they call come through within 2-3 weeks of each other.

Um, I actually think cross cutting refers to when teeth erupt out of sequence. I don't think it has anything to do with how many teeth are erupting at one time.