Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 47 day cycle and counting & negative HPT's...

Default 47 day cycle and counting & negative HPT's...

Hi everyone... this is my first ever post in this forum!

Although we have not actively been TTC for this last cycle, we also have not been careful, due to the fact we were considering TTC but not sure if we should for this month.
    Anyway, I think I miscalculated when I would ovulate, so it's quite possible that I did DTD around O time.
    I have not been temping, and have no idea about my luteal phase length etc.

My last recorded cycle was 36 days, and the one before that was very similar in length too (under 40 days but I forgot to record it).
    Before those two cycles I had been on the pill, and then before being on the pill I had recorded cycle lengths late 2005 - early 2006 which ranged from 38 - 44 days in length.

I am doing my head in because I tested on Tuesday which would have been day 44 of my cycle, and got a BFN. I tested this morning on day 47, and still BFN. (My CD1 was March 12).
    I have tender breasts/nipples which I can't say I have ever noticed feeling before AF was due, but then again perhaps I just never paid the attention I am paying now. I am also feeling extremely anxious, depressed and tired - but that again could be due to this whole wondering if I am pg, plus uni being a massive stress atm.
    I am also using the cheapest brand of HPT's - Fortel Extra - 3 tests for $8.50. Are these tests ever innacurate does anyone know?

Anyway, I have to get this off my chest, because it's really playing on my mind. I wish AF would just hurry up already if she is coming, because she has never taken this long before. I suppose stress can delay AF a lot can't it?

I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts, or comments about the HPT's I used.
    As I am a complete TTC newbie, I have no idea if I am missing something important....

Ok breathe. The stress may not be helping. I hope you feel a bit better now you have shared. You should get some good advice here. I am not sure about the pregnancy test but check out the OPK and HPT thread. Make a doctors appointment to discuss your concerns for early next week, you can always cancel. Try and test tomorrow morning and see what that says. Even If BFN, go and see your doctor. If AF turns up all good, you know what is what. It is not hugely unlikely you may have had a longer cycle this month due to the stress you are under, and you have had longish cycles before. But as you said it is not unlikely you may be pregnant. Unfortunatley it may be a wait and see game to see what happens. Take care of yourself

Hey Ambah

I have found the HPTs at Lullaby Conceptions the best...great value for money (10 for $30 ...I think)...very accurate...and measure at 10 MIU (ie. really sensitive).

Great customer service and delivery too...

Wishing you all the very best! Take care!

Thanks Luey and Monnie
    Still no AF, and no BFP either though, tested this morning - but not with FMU.
    I have an appt for Wed with my GP, so hopefully will get some answers then.
    bb's are still very sensitive, which is highly unusual for me. However I'm trying to be realistic, as I'm sure the HPT's are working just fine which means I am not pg.
    I was talking my sister and she agree's that its most likely the stress... and also the fact I have only been to the gym once in the past 2 weeks (normally go about 4 times a week). She said a similar thing happened to her WRT AF, stress and lack of exercise, and as soon as she started exercising again, AF returned. So I dunno, its possible...

I went 10 weeks last year with no AF, and for no real apparent reason.
    My doctor finally sent me for an US, which said internals were fine, and 2 days later AF came. Must have been the tension from not knowing what was happening which helped keep AF away!
    Women's bodies are so weird sometimes...

Good luck, Ambah

Ambah, I hope you get your BFP or your AF soon (whichever you would prefer the most!!!) It's very frustrating isnt' it? Female bodies do strange things!!! And it plays on our minds... at the moment, I am off the pill and we are not actively TTC however I am way overdue for my AF (16 days now!!!) normally I am a 28 day cycle and now it's like 45 days or something! i can't believe it. It wasn't long ago that I went off the pill so that may have something to do with it, such as my fertility coming back or perhaps my body learning to ovulate again or something... its frustrating me. My boobs have been so sore and big and my nipples a bit itchy and sore. Also very bloated all the time....

I have tested and BFN both times.... The brands I use are "Fortel", "first Response" and
    "Confirm Midstream" and i guess they are the cheap and middle level one's i've heard they are good and reasonably accurate but i reckon your best bet is to get a blood test and see a doc. Im going to see a doc this week and get a blood test.... I'm tired of waiting for AF to come!!!!!!

Good luck I hope it all happens for you soon. x

Ambah, I had cycles of 32-55 days before I fell pg - I came off the Pill in the August and my cycles just got longer and longer. It wasn't stress, as I didn't stress about AF until I reached one week later than the last cycle (which was why I was 8w pg when I found out!). I hope it's just a random long cycle for you and you're back to the usual after this.

Any sign of AF today Ambah?

Just something I thought of ... is this only your second cycle since stopping the pill? Sometimes it can take a few months for your cycles to settle down after coming off the pill, so this might just be a longish cycle while your own hormones are getting themselves sorted out.

Thanks Sarah, Ryn, Renstar and Cherie!

Still no sign of AF, day 49 today.

Does anyone know... when a cycle turns out to be this long, does that mean I still most likely ovulated only approx 2 weeks before AF ends up arriving?

Renstar - I hope you can find out what is going on with your cycle too! It's frustrating isn't it!

Cherie - Its my third cycle since stopping the pill (stopped pill in late December), both cycles since then were under 40 days, but perhaps it is just my body adjusting! I hope this isn't an indicator of what my future cycles will be... how frustrating, I will only end up getting 6 cycles a year to TTC with!

I have a presentation due at uni tomorrow, and its worth 40% so I am vey stressed and nervous. My friend joked to me that AF will probably arrive 1 minute past 12 (which is when it will all be over) and I will so laugh if she is right!

Ambah, I have no idea what could be affecting your cycles as like the other girls have said. Not sure about the O part though, have you had any signs that you would think mean O, or has it been too long for you to remember? Maybe this cycle will be a one off and then go back to 'normal' for you, or maybe you are pg and just not showing up on a test yet?

Can you be pregnant and it not show up on a HPT???? Only show on a blood test??? I feel like my belly is bigger than it was say 4 weeks ago and swollen and i am very bloated and feel nauseous only the last 3 mornings! Thur morning i thought i was going to be sick...and went to the loo but nothing. Could that just be my hormones playing up on me because I am the same, trying to get my AF and it's now day 46 approx!!!! Like 17 days late!!!!

I will be very worried if we are pregnant after all (don't think I am though!) as I've been having a rum and coke just about every night the last week! Sometimes two!!!! Normally don't drink much at all but we had a tough last 2 weeks.

I'm getting a BLOOD TEST with a doc this week hopefully Tues.

CatherineL Guest

Ambah - I am not sure this is you, but when i came off the pill a few years ago.. my first few periods were quite normal but all of a sudden they stopped.. i went to my GP and they said that it is quite common for women coming off the pill to receive a period but not actually ovulate... apparently it can take a good 6 months for you body to adjust again and fall in sync (but in some cases you could fall pg just like that - i think we've all heard of the stories of women missing one pill and falling pg).. anyhow i didn't get AF back for another year, then was quite irregular but eventually went back to a 26 day cycle.

Good luck Ambah, i hope you get the answer your looking for

Oooweeerrr good luck Ambah! How frustrating that AF is so late and you still don't have any answers.

And yeah, about 2 weeks before AF is O time.

Tanya

Hi Ambah

I stopped taking BCP on 12 March to TTC baby #3 and today is CD 49 (arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!). I have done 4 HPTs over last 3 weeks and all were BFNs. I know how you are feeling, I just want AF to hurry up so I can start a new cycle that will hopefully be more normal for me (@35 days).

Hope you get some answers at Drs. I am going to make appointment for later in week.

Hi Ambah & Jen B,

You girls are both very late with your AF too like me (i'm now about 48 days!!!) and it's driving me up the wall... I want to know how you are both feeling? Because I have been so bloated, like i have a little belly now, and I also feel hot flushes, and I have been feeling nauseous every morning the last 5 days and one day i felt like throwing up and I never get that before AF and my nipples are itchy! I'm also very grumpy and just want my AF so badly so then I can start charting my cycle.... I REALLY want AF. I've also started getting indigestion/heartburn too and it's annoying.

I know pregnancy hormones can mimick AF symptoms so I don't want to assume I am pregnant.. i mean, i have tested with HPT's and they are neg each time so shouldn't be pregnant... I might get blood test just to make sure though. make doc appointment for this week for sure i think i will.

I am so tired of feeling nauseous! Is that just part of having a late AF??? is it just my hormones playing up???
    Last edited by Shanti; April 30th, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

How did you go today Ambah? did AF arrive after your presentation?
    Hope you get some answers soon.

Does this mean you will be chatting in the TTC threads from now on? It's a funny feeling when you start TTC after a suprise! baby isn't it.

Oooh...just noticed that it's Aidyn's birthday in a couple of days.. Happy Birthday to the big 3 year old

Nic

Renstar - I have hit CD50 today and I am completely over this cycle. Like you, I have thought I was pg so many times this cycle because of all of the nausea I was experiencing, only to get a BFN as the result. I just want to get my AF too, so that (hopefully) my next cycle might be more regular. My temp chart at the moment is going crazy, up and down, up and down . How are you going today?

Ambah - Whats happening today?

Jen-B, i got my AF this morning!! I'm so excited I have it now! Normally it wouldn't be such a thrilling thing however when you wait 47 days (cycle) for it then it's good to finally get it or at least get a BFP! Hey? I'm sure you agree!!! I hope your AF or BFP (even better!) arrives very, very soon for you.... I think the "Vitex" tablets i started taking really helped me because i started them 3 days ago and now I have my AF... could have helped. they help regulate you more so try them if not already taking them. Blackmores Vitex Agnus Castus tablets from the chemist. (off the shelf).
    They help balance your oestregen and progesterone levels so try it, i think it will help you. yes i thought i was preg too with nausea and hot flushes etc it was just hormones for me...

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Ambah, how are you going ? I hope you get your BFP or AF very soon too!!!!!!
    Last edited by Shanti; May 1st, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast