Thread: Anyone with hot flushes as an early preg symptom?

Default Anyone with hot flushes as an early preg symptom?

Hi,

I'm currently about 7dpo and I've been having a "hot-face" flush feeling off and on over the past few days. I've taken my temp on a few days - during the day - and I've had a "temperature" (eg: 38*C) today. I don't feel sick, and I know, from past experience, that if I have a temp like that and I have got an infection, then I feel rotten - but I don't - just jolly hot! (therefore I deduce that I don't have an infection.....)

Has anyone experienced a higher-than-normal body temperature during the day in the early stages of pregnancy /as a pregnancy symptom (being different from higher 1st morn temp - for fellow charters)?

I've been getting lower abdominal cramps from about 2 dpo as well - these 2 symptoms - hot feelings and abdominal "rumblings" are very similar to what I experienced last cycle - which unfortunately ended in an early miscarriage Bit of a shock!

So I'm just wondering if anyone else's had something similar.

well im in the end of my tww and i have been having hot flushes for about 2-3 days now, i had the air con on and hubby made me turn it off as he was freezing.
    im just waiting for that bfp.
    good luck to u.

Hi Anila,

Did you have the hot feeling with any of your other pregnancies?

honestly i cant remember, i do remember that hubby always complained that i had the fan on, as i was hot and he was cold.
    but i got a bfn this morning, still no af, will test in a few more days, good luck to u.

Yep I had them something dreadful with my first PG. In fact I thought I had gastro because I was so nauseous as well...well before 14 dpo too. So fingies crossed ladies!!!

I wonder if its something in the air because I have been getting flushed for over a week now. All of a sudden I get really hot some nights I wake up in a sweat.
    I have never had this before hoping its nothing bad, had mild cramping, sore boobs, dizziness, thirsty. nausia and the heatwave.

Have any of you taken your temp during the day to see if you've got an elevated body temperature?

Mine's currently about 37.8 (norm is 37 - 37.2*C)

Grab a thermometer - let's see if there's a trend!

Currently 37. Just got a faint bfp today (10dpo). I'm normally 36.5ish...

mine is 37.3 and im sitting in an aircon room on a cool rainy day, lol
    and still waiting for my bfp, lol!
    its normally about 36. smoething

Hey Mel, I got really hot flushes this time! Everyone thought I was crazy!

Good luck hope you get the result your after

Yep I get real bad hot flushes, anyone would think I'm in menopause I can't be bothered going upstairs to get the thermometer but for at least part of every day I feel like I have a fever and I'm flushed.

Yep- this time around I've had really bad hot flushes - also empathising with the ladies in menopause!
    My naturopath reckons its due to fluctuating blood sugar levels in early pregnancy which need to be stabilised by eating smaller amounts more regularly - and more healthy protein snacks (nuts, eggs, etc). So far this has helped with the hot flushes!!

I hope you get the BFP you are hoping for!

X

Default hot flushes

hi i am also experiencing hot flushes and just checked google to see if it was an early preg sign and got directed here. i got them last month and it was nothing but am 6dpo and am hoping its a sign. i'm going to take my therm to work and when i get them during day see what my temp is. my mum went thru and very early menopause so am pretty freaked out by them so was pleased to see others getting it. thanks eils

I certainly had them early this pregnancy. Haven't seen them much since though As you can see I'm 24 weeks pg now, so good luck!