Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Success rate of gender swaying....did it work for you?

Excellent. Id love another 2 as well, but DH is definantly done after this one.

You have a great chance at having a little blue one. If not, sisters are lovely. I know because I have 4 sisters and we are all close.

With DD1 we DTD the night before O, second time around i wanted to do the same as i didnt want to actively gender sway IYKWIM so we DTD the night before once again and got DD2!

sooooo ange does this mean your coming home?

Nah Olive, not yet. have met a few expats here that have had bubs, you just have to be diligent with diseases and mossies, will be home for scans and to have it though!

DG- i always thought i'd have 4 boys. I had DD1 and was a teeny tiny bit disappointed, but only for a second. Then i had DD2 and again i was a teeny tiny bit disappointed. But now seeing the two girls together i wouldn't have it any other way. I love my girls to bits. And you are right, sisters are special, i always wished i had one. Even if we have 4 girls i'll be stoked, DH might be checking into a psych hossy, but i'll be happy.

arrhh thats ok then!

JM - You sound like me. I always thought Id have 4 girls, and I was a bit disappointed with both of them. You are right though, I wouldnt have it any other way now. Cant even believe I was ever disappointed, espcially when I see their beautiful little smiles every morning.

Just want to add my experience, there is no theory behind it at all, no trying for one or the other but with my boys we were trying to fall pregnant and therefore DTD during the days i knew i'd be fertile.

With this little one i can not remember when we DTD to fall pregnant (before, during, after o'ing) but it was a total surprise and last week we found out we're having a little girl.

So for us it was the planning and thinking about it that produced our boys and the not planning and not even considering another bub that gave us a little girl

My DH wants a boy and I'm looking into swaying... This month we DTD three times before Oing tho, and not the day or the day after I thought I O'd... so.... Dunno. If I get a BFN, I'll see about trying for a boy next month. We'll see.

It does look 50/50 to me up there for the chances tho.

I will tell you how I got 2 boys if you tell me how you got 2 girls lol!

Good luck hun how exciting! Blue bundle vibes your way x

I believe that its not 50-50 chance of boy or girl; I think that some men have more of one gender sperm than the other hence why some of us only ever have one gender. Two of my 3 boys should be girls. My husband fits the profile of a 'girl' man; he is fit and healthy and wears jocks not boxers.

I was gung ho about gender swaying if we have another but TBH I think I would be more disappointed if it didnt work than if we just got another boy on nature's decision.

That said nothing lost in trying.

yeah i kind of agree with freya that it might set you up for a fall a bit- like, you put in all that effort and it doesn't work out. would that increase your disappointment?

i honestly think my dh can only produce male sperm. i know we've only got 2 kids so it's a bit of an extreme view, but i just can't ever imagine us having a girl.

best of luck honey, and either way, you produce such beautiful little girls that are so full of character, it would almost be a shame if there wasn't any more little junglegirls!

HMM- well- I had clomid both times- according to my chart and timing with my OB. GS is way off. #1 boy DTD2 days before and #2 girl, DTD that day on OB instruction( othewise it would have been to late according to my scans) Both my charts look like i shoudl have conceived girl first then boy.crazy! - one of my Bff tried GS- she is regular as regular. DTD 4 days before O- and another boy.

so umm I have no idea whether it works or not

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    i honestly think my dh can only produce male sperm. i know we've only got 2 kids so it's a bit of an extreme view, but i just can't ever imagine us having a girl.
    I thought the same thing when we had two boys! DH is pretty manly LOL, he is one of two boys and everyone on his side of the family all have only one of the same gender (his mum 2 boys, aunty 3 girls, uncle 3 girls, brother 2 girls) so I imagined we'd have three boys! It was lovely to finally break the pattern!

JM - We kinda gender swayed for DD, but very casually, we weren't really fussed either way, just thought a girl would be nice . All we did was make DH wear briefs for DD (he wore boxers when we TTC the boys) and changed position LOL! I'm pretty sure we conceived right on O day with DD because I had O pains that day. As I said, we really didn't try that hard!

I think it could really go either way, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Myboys View Post
    With this little one i can not remember when we DTD to fall pregnant (before, during, after o'ing) but it was a total surprise and last week we found out we're having a little girl.
    How exciting K, i didn't know you were preg, Congratulations!

Yeah, i really would be happy with either, but it would be nice to have a boy. I think we'll just leave it up to fate, although DH is right on the 'more-beer' band wagon.

So Trish.... You giving up your position secrets or what??? hmmm???

I think gender swaying is only going to influence your chances, not guarantee success. And it can't possibly take into account all of the variables. We have multitudes of girls in my family, for my generation and now our children (I have five girl cousins, two sisters and of the five of us that have children. only one has managed a boy, otherwise, it's all girls again - five so far). So perhaps our cervixes are genetically predisposed to girls. We must kill off the boy sperm somehow.

I'm trying it for #2, even though DD is horrified that we might want a boy, she is dead keen on a sister. Either way, someone's going to be happy. Frankly, I don't care. But it hasn't been that complicated so far, a few dietary changes and I'm charting to pinpoint O. If it doesn't 'work' I'm still pg and having my much-wanted #2 in 2011!

As an aside, we've just had friends come back from Morocco or somewhere near there to give birth to their second baby. They came home a month before she was due and will be heading back when baby is six weeks old. They did the same for number one four years ago. Seems to have worked fine for them. And as a bonus they have a four year old girl who can speak Arabic and English.

I come from a family of all girls, and Hubs has 2 sisters and no brothers so we just thought we would be female producing parents.
    We weren't trying when I fell with DS.

With DD, we DTD 4 days before O (I wanted a girl... but wasn't super desperate) but that's the only thing we tried.
    I was convinced we were having another boy and was shocked when we found out she was a girl.

I personally think it's all chance, but there's no harm in giving it a try hey

I also think its easier to gender sway in favour of a boy than a girl. It seems from my general observation that even with unplanned babies; there just seems to be a knack of getting pregnant right on ovulation. Boy sperm swim faster but die quicker so it stands to reason that that side of gender swaying would give you a huge advantage. On the other hand, girl sperm live longer but swim slower. Which makes it difficult because you can only pinpoint ovulation to within a 24hr time frame, sometimes even longer so trying to keep those quick swimming xy's from getting the egg is a mean feat genetically. If your off with your timing the swaying goes out the window. I also think its difficult to know just how long your partners sperm actually lasts for. I know they say its 3-5 days but I would think it varies individually. I have a theory that my husbands sperm is predominately xy and that they dont live very long which could be why a) it took us so long to conceive Ds1 and b) why even though #1 and #3 should technically be girls they arent.

well for DS we DTD outside in a tent at the end of winter lolso it was cold supposedly good for little male spermies adn we concieved this one in a bed at home in summer so who knows will let u all know in 12 weeks lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123