Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone have cramps in very early pregnancy with IVF

I remember the stress about cramping and spotting. I was convinced that the ET hadn't worked or I was about to miscarry. I had cramping for about half of the first tri. I had 2 decent sized spots in the first 2 weeks after the ET, once after an u/s and the progesterone (crinone) seemed to accumulate and when it came out it was brownish/pinkish coloured.

I asked for multiple u/s throughout my first tri as I couldn't trust my body and believe that all was okay.

The whole first tri was extremely stressful.

Wishing you the best of luck!!

Default helpful

Regular blood tests show everything seems to be going great. I spoke to the nurse about the cramps and she said it can be a side effect of the crinone (progesterone) and also that when they drain the folicals for eggs they only take the big/mature ones, the smaller ones are left behind and continue to grow. She suggested that the cramping was probably a result of this. I haven't had any bleeding myself but was told this can be implantation bleeding , blood left over from the egg removal process or in some cases when 2 or more eggs were implanted and 1 may miscarry. I felt better again after having a bit of a chat to one of my wonderful IVF nurses.

Hello Ameski, happy to hear that things are going well. I had completely forgotten about the follicles left over! I remember now the nurse telling me something similar when I had my first ultrasound to confirm the heartbeat.

Every cramp or twinge that I had in the first trimester scared me silly. Oh, and just so you know.... you always find something new to worry about... well, at least I did

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12