Thread: HCG Trigger & BFP's, when is it considered real

Default HCG Trigger & BFP's, when is it considered real

hello bella's of Belly Belly

I have a question, and need some opinions

I have been TTC for 2 yrs now for bubba # 1, and had my 1st OI-IUI cycle. I was given the Pregnyl trigger on 28th March (saturday) and Inseminated on Sunday.

I know i was told not to use HPT as the Trigger will cause false positives. So i held out until 8DPO. I just wanted to see what it would be like to see 2 lines! hehe

So here is what happend:

8DPO = BFN
    9DPO = maybe a hint of the faintest 2nd line ever! This got me curious
    10DPO = Faint 2nd Line. No squinting needed. You can see it well, but light pink
    11DPO = 2nd line appears straight away and almost same colour as control line
    12DPO = 2nd line strong. Appeared instantly.

Is this still from the Trigger shot? Or is this really a BFP?

Today is 12DPO (14 days after Trigger). My blood test isnt until Next Wednesday

Any experiences & opinions needed. I dont want to get my hopes up

ps : All tests were done with First Response/Discover brand, and repeated with Pregnosis brand.

Thanks for listening/reading

Lullaby - that sounds verrrrrry promising. Especially if there was no line at 8dpo and now it is getting darker every day. Have you always tested with your FMU? It does depend how strong the trigger was. In my case, I was told it would be out of my system by 10 days. Just my POV but does sound like a to me . GL until the BT and

Sounds like a BFP to me! I agree that if it was a BFN at 8DPO and then went to a BFP then that sounds VERY promising.
    I wasn't told anything about how long before the HCG would be out of my system. My experience was a BFN at 15DPO (that was the day AF was due and I did not test before then) and then a strong BFP at 17DPO.
    Good luck

Thanks ladies for the replies

I am scared to get excited just yet. I might have to wait for my blood tests next Wed for it to be confirmed.

ps : all the First Response/Discover brands HPT were with FMU and PREgNOSIS brand same afternoon.

lol i am a POAS-holic

do you know what happens from here? the Ferlitiy clinic only assist us to pregnancy right..are they the ones who will do the BETA's? or my own docs?

ps : i was only given Pregnyl to trigger ovualtion, and that was it, they didnt make me take it for Luteal Phase support.. so i would thought by day 14 after trigger, the HCG should be out of my system (oh how i hope)

Lullaby... at 14DPO its definately NOT the trigger shot!!!!

Even if you had to take an extra pregnyl shot after transfer, they say up to 3 days afterward and its out of your system... your trigger would definately be out of your system by now!

I had pregnyl injections post transfer - I had three of them - one every 3 days, and I deliberately did a HPT everyday to see what the lines would do - they were an instant positive day after the shot, (from the trigger) faded each day by the day until gone by the day the next shot was due - that happened with all 3 shots.

By the 3rd day after the last shot, I had no sign of a 2nd line (and it obviously wasn't a BFP).

Sounds like you're PG to me !!!!!!

Congratulations! That is definitely a

Being a fellow POAS'er... I need to break some news to you...
    I take Pregnyl after transfer - HCG..so I know exactly what happens with 'the line'

Lullaby - friend - it is out of your system... your line is getting darker not lighter...I have one thing to say to you...

BFP....!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS..

Default meserold initiatives

thank you so much for the replies. I went away for the weekend so didnt get a chance to respond.

I had my blood test to confirm pregnancy today..and.... you girls are right, a BFP. I am at 17DPO and my BETA is 414. i dont know what this means, or if its in the range its meant to be.

I am scared and excited all at once

congrats hun

414 is awesome sweetie, well done YOUR HAVING A BABY!!!!!! woohooooooo

sit back and enjoy darl

Congratulations. That number is great!

Hi Lullaby,
    Congrats on your BFP. Just out of curiosity, what dose of hcg trigger did you take, 5000iu or 10,000iu? Just wondering how long it too for the hcg to leave your system. Thanks
    x

thank you so much. This forum has been my life line. I follow through and read alot, and helped me through my prev M/C.

BabyDream Time : I was given 5000iu Trigger for ovulatio only. I wasnt given any for luteal support. As far as i know, i tested in 8DPO and my HPT was negative. Completely white no hint of a mark. I didnt check before hand though. But i know at least 8DPO it was gone, because at 9DPO i saw a very faint line, then 10DPO it was stronger.

YAY LULLABY...CONGRATULATIONS...

I would never have jumped in and given you false hope unless I was pretty damn sure..

All the best you lucky girl... wishing you a H&H PG...

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Congratulations hun.
    Wishing you a very H&H 9 months

XX
    B