Thread: failed iui cycle- what happens next cycle

boyplz Guest

Default failed iui cycle- what happens next cycle

Not sure if anyone has any answers here, but will ask anyway.

In November 2005 I had first iui cycle, af arrived on CD 23 so negative result. December I had a break and am due to start iui cycle this month. Thing is i am on CD 31 and AF has not arrived. Don't feel pregnant, but not really any sign of AF coming either, except for really severe cramping and a really mild tingly feeling in BB's.

Does anyone know whether having a failed iui and all the puregon and pregnyl injections that go with it, will that affect the next cycle if it is not supported with drugs. I guess i want to know whether anyone thinks that having the drugs for the first time the cycle before would make me skip a period the following cycle. Hope that makes sense?

By the way did a hpt on CD30 with BFN, so not sure what is going on, think i am going insane!!

Thanks

Hi,
    I know the frustration of IUI's I did them for 12 months with no sucess. My doctor was happy for me to keep on going until we did reach a BFP, but I was inpatient and ended up on a IVF course of treatment. Are you currently having one or two inseminations done, that can up your chance of a pregnancy. As long as the drugs are bringing on ovulation and you are having positive OPK's (If not you can trigger o) to pinpoint the best and most fertile time.
    IUI's are funny business you hear about people that it works first go and then some it takes alittle longer, I wish you all the luck in world that you will get your BFP really soon!!
    Bec

boyplz Guest

Hi Bec,

thanks for the reply, so far we have only done one insemination in november, which was assisted with puregon injections and then pregnyl to bring on ovulation and then pregnyl to sustain pregnancy (if there was one)...which there wasnt.

I would so love to be pregnant this time cause we didnt have anything cause my dr wanted me to have a break between inseminations. Also I was really concerned about having multiples cause i already have three children and the thought of multiples is really daunting (we'd probably have to get a bigger house, car etc...). Anyway i have gone and done a blood test today so should know one way or the other tomorrow afternoon. so finger crossed.

What stage are u upto, have you been doing ivf for long? Have some really close friends doing ivf from donor eggs....don't know whether i could handle going down that road, but i guess i wont know until the time comes.

Veronica

Veronica,
    I hope the BT brought good news [-o<
    I did clomid cycles one on top of each other withour breaks, I did it originally with clomid and then changed to Puregon with profassi triggers and progesterone pessaries for support. I can understand your hesitance with multiples, on puregon I produced 34 follicles on 50 units another reason why we did IVF.
    We are getting ready to go back to the FS to discuss using frozen embies, hopefully one will work! There is only 2 left so we will wait and see.
    I can only have one embie transfered as I have IC and the weight of 2 bubs would surely bring our pregnancy to a early end.
    Waiting is always the hardest
    Bec

boyplz Guest

thanks bec,

Blood test results were negative, but still no AF. Spoke to my dr and he thinks that either i ovulated late and tested to early to detect any change of hormone yet or my cycle is up the !!!. Anyway, he wants me to call him tomorrow (friday) and he will advise on what to do next.

We have only done one IUI cycle with a low dose of puregon, i only produced two ripe follicles. My dr suggested gift ivf to us but the money was a bit of a concern, but if we have to do that we will.

When do you think you will have the next transfer done. I have a friend going through ivf at the moment, she is using donor eggs from her sister.

Speak soon

Veronica

Veronica,
    Oh I'm sorry...the cruel fate of late AF is terrible. I hope your doctor has a great plan for your next cycle.
    Bec
    *I love when family help out with donor all the best to your friend!!