Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How late was your BFP??

Default How late was your BFP??

Ok, I may or may not be pregnant but I am interested to know, did some of you get your BFP after testing BFN's a few days first??

My AF is 3 days late tomorrow so I'm it's for the right reason!!! I have to have faith right?? However I also know AF could show and that's fine, bring it on. I can handle it, i've handled it before..... should also mention that last 3 cycles I was regular 30 day cycle.... well, last one AF came on cd31. I have NO AF symptoms usually get AF cramps 5 days before AF comes but NOTHING.....

I've been testing with First Response (POAS kind) do they measure 25miu hcg?? I didn't chart this cycle (for a break) however I do know that the last 3 cycles I ovulated cd17 or cd18 so if I did this cycle it would make me about 14DPO today?? Is it still early days to get a BFP?? Using First Response?

I don't want to use a really sensitive test (10miu hcg) for fear of early m/c so i figure if I use a less sensitive test I'm less likely to experience that!

What are your experiences with testing and how many DPO were you when you got your SHINY BFP!!!!???

Ren, I didn't get a positive with Darcy until I was 6 weeks. No joke. I tested when AF was due and it was negaitve so I went to NZ for 2 weeks. Came back, did another one and it came up straight away.

Ren just wanted to wish you good luck.

Hiya Renstar,
    my bfp always comes up at 5 wks preg. 3 weeks after o. I do have strong pg symptoms from week 3 (or 6dpo) but never get the bfp till later. One pg I had to get bt to confirm. They all stuck, I just must not show up for awhile on sticks

Look forward to some pos news, you deserve it.

How soon did you get bfp with your prev pg?

Kim - did you test in between 4wks and 6wks? or just at 6wks? thats late! dont know if i could wait that long lol

Thanks Ozstar!

Rose - I got faint BFP's (x3) at about 12dpo probably would have been 3wks 6 days? i cant really remember it was so long ago now!!! besides, it was early m/c so don't like to use that as an example iykwim
    So you test when Af is due and then every 2 days or so and they are BFN? and then you get BFP at 5wks?? Yet you get strong symptoms? Isn't that weird? See I had strong symptoms too when preg in Nov for a short time I just knew I was pregnant...

This time around.... well... I have NO usual AF symptoms and I don't want to say that I feel pregnant because I am so scared I'll jinx myself
    Sure hope something happens soon.... should I just keep testing daily?? I have sore BBs and a 'heavy ' feeling in my abdomen but besides that, NOTHING..... doesn't feel like AF coming at all.....

it's a BFP for you.
    You really do deserve.
    I'm praying for you tonight darl.

Hi Ren, I tested a couple of times and got BFN. Didnt get BFP til AF was about 2 days late and it was pretty faint. With DD I didnt get BFP for over a week. Obviously I O'd late both occassions. I reckon you're still in with a chance, especially as you didnt chart this month did you? Anyway, will have my fingers crossed for you darl, goodluck!!

Ren, did you temp this morning??????

Ren, I never got a +ve HPT with my first pg - kept getting negatives and had to get it confirmed by blood test. With my next 2 pgs I didn't get a +ve HPT until about 5wks pg. With my last pg however, I got a nice big BFP at 12DPO - go figure LOL

Fingers crossed you just need a little more time.

ren although were not trying yet, AF is 3 days late for me as well! i have tested on tuesday and todya both have been negetive, i also know when i ovulated so not ure whats happening either!!

Sara - yeah tested first thing - 36.3..... that's not low or high for me....
    Ashnant - thank you hun
    Beaksie - no, didn't chart this cycle. (good memory!) I probably did O later perhaps?
    AJP - good luck too, i hope we're both UTD!!! If I am I would have to be about 4wks now, just over....
    Trillian - isn't it strange how each preg varies?? Well i take what you've written and using it as HOPE! Thank you maybe my BFP is just a slow one too.....

Well it sure gives me hope that many women get BFN's and then a week or two later, finally a BFP!!!! So there is hope!

Still no sign of AF either.... nothing! Just hoping the 'relaxed' cycle this time around has helped.... and if not, then it proves that no matter what you do it won't make a difference!!! lol

Lovenhope Guest

Hi Ren,
    This is all postive news for you. I am praying for you too!

ren - as you know, with this pregnancy my BFP was about a week after AF was due. So hang in there, like I've been telling you. There's hope yet. Each day AF doesn't appear, is a step closer to getting that BFP.

Thanks Jodi & Sandgirl.... it does seem too good to be true tho!!! If it really is a BFP for me soon, it does just seem too surreal to me you know? It will be totally unexpected I can tell you that much!

Jodi - when you tested, did you test daily until you got the BFP?? Or did you wait a few days then re-test?
    I didnt test today (didnt want to see BFN) and probably won't test tomorrow either, will wait til Saturday.....

In early preg, can you have sensations in your abdomen that come and go? Like it feels like AF is coming but not quite AF pains? And then it passes? And then it comes on again? then it passes... its been like this for days now.... its different.

Good luck Ren

I had strange senations in my belly, it felt like period pain but it didnt "hurt." Kinda felt like something was happening in there

I tested I think on the day AF was due, it come up neg, so I waited a few more days. I didn't believe I was pg as we'd stopped trying for a while.

I got a different type of abdominal pain when I fell pg both times. It wasn't quite like AF, it was different. Hard to explain. Good luck for Saturday.

Ren, I get that pain. It's like an AF cramp sort of which lasts like 10 seconds then then slowly goes away. Might happen a few times a day.
    Hope AF has stayed away!

Ooh Renee, just saw this thread! Wishing you the best of luck

I got the weird abdominal sensations you are talking about. It sounds promising... You are very self-controlled if you put off testing until tomorrow!

Good luck :goodluck2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast