Thread: period 5 days late but all hcg tests negative!

Default period 5 days late but all hcg tests negative!

Hi there

I am currently on my 5th day late, have taken a home pregnancy test everyday this week all negative, having pregnancy symptoms though.
    is it possible that i ovulated late in my cycle and there is not enough hcg yet to tell even though i am 5 days late, when i am always quite regular and we are trying very hard 4 baby no. 2, but did not have this problem with my daughter as we tried for her earlier in the month, the last three months we tried to soon so this month we tried at the other end of the month. has anyone experienced this before, its a very agonising wait as i am already overdue for my period #-o
    would love to here anyone's info!
    kind regards
    shellstar76

Hey shellstar76,

Welcome to BellyBelly!

I would recommend making an appt with your GP to have a blood test done. That will let you know for sure if you are pg or not.

Good luck!!

Hi

I took a test when my period was a couple of days late cause I was having really strong symptoms but it was negative, I thought that my symptoms must have been all in my head. Still no period a week later took a test and got two positives. Maybe wait a few days and try again, if still negative and no period see your doc for BT. Goodluck!!

Thanx widdly & angel for your advice O , i will wait a few more days to see, and then do another test, fingers crossed i will be seeing two lines instead of one which i have been so used to seeing lately! :-s

Will keep you posted!!!

shellstar76

I agree with Angel & Elissa (Widdly), I would either wait a few more days to do a HPT or go to you gp and get a blood test done.

Good luck, I hope you get a BFP soon.

shellstar, good luck retesting in a few days - let us know how you go,

oh - and welcome to BB!!

Linda

Good luck, I was a week late before I got a + result.

My SIL was the same for both of her kids. I think with the last one she was almost 10 days past when her AF was due that a hpt finally worked. Some people just take longer for the Hcg to build up and therefore have to wait longer for that BFP. I would go to the dr's and get a blood test, save the waiting. Good luck and keep us posted.

Shellstar,

Angel is right ... the blood test is the only way.

I had nothing but negative peesticks after this cycle and I was pregnant. Sometimes you can't trust those things. If not for the fact that I was on IVF and had to have blood tests anyway, I would not have known either.

Hope you can get into your GP and get your answer soon.

Mel

Sweetie, wait a couple more days, coz I was just recently 18 days late with mine!

Are you stressed out at all?
    If you cant wait go get a BT!

Good luck.xx

Are you using your first pee of the day? Your levels are strongest then... It might be worth trying different brands also?

It could just be the stress of not knowing that's making af late for you, but I hope that's not the case and you'll get a bfp very soon!!