Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HCG level driving me crazy!!!

Jodes you can google HCG charts for singletons and twins and compare the different ranges...
    I found one not long ago...

Do you want me to have a look?

Sorry purple.. I didnt mean to worry you.. Just i remember looking online like a mad women trying to see if mine were ok or not or? what was going on.. I was soo stressed about it!!!

Cant wait to hear your great news after seeing doc.. as all will be fine!

Thanks Ash, that would be great, if you get a chance!!!

By most charts I can find, I am double for the average numbers at 18 dpo, and still over 100 higher for the range, in singletons.

I am over averge for the twin numbers as well, but still around the middle, so I guess I have no more idea than before!!!

Off to the doc tommorrow, and I'll ask for another HCG level blood test. I am dying to know how this going!!!

I'm totally confused - and this could be a totally stupid question. But did you say yours was taken at 4 weeks 2 days - meaning that timeframe from LMP? Or did you mean 4 weeks 2 days after ovulation? because if it was from LMP, wouldn't that mean you shouldn't be comparing with 18 dpo from didispunk?

Sorry - happy to be called stupid if I'm barking up totally the wrong tree here? I'll just blame preggi brain

EDIT: I just added up what your days dpo would be... quite right you are... might just shut-up now! Can't wait to hear the next results. Erm... for some reason I think I was thinking there were 4 days in a week! HAHAHA!
    Last edited by belfie; May 14th, 2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: I DO have preggi brain!

No worries hon, you should see my calendar for working this out!!
    At one point I added a week and thought I was 25dpo, and nearly had a heart attack!!!

I've never known my numbers before, and only do this time due to the doc being concerned. So tbh, I'm enjoying the google searches, but I still feel something funny is going on, and not in the twin sense. Not too sure, but I just feel funny... I am very used to pregnancy, and this is different...

Hi Purplemumma,
    I just read on another website a post just like yours and she was worried about a molar pregnancy, a lot of girls came on and reassured her if it was a molar it would be more like 180,000hcg and your nothing like that. This girl went on to have a scan and there was only one bub. Hcg is individual to each woman, some get a really high one and it is only one bub. You would be suprised how many came and posted they also had a very high hcg and there was only one bub. Dont stress, the scan will tell you soon if one or two but it is a possibility like you said that you already have been expecting twins before so perhaps you are again. But just letting you know it can also be just one bub.

Jodie, how many DPO would you have been when you made the post, according to both a 28 & 32 day cycle?

Just wondering how you went on at the Dr's today. I have everything crossed that you get some news to put your mind at rest weather it be one or two bubba's. Twins would be excting- i'd love to have them. I am one and my sis has them. Dh isnt keen on trying for a no3 cos he thinks we'd end up with 2 instead of one

Hi Ash.... Day of the blood test either 19 or 15 roughly... I thought i Oed one day, but 4 days later got HUGE O signs, and as I usually have a long cycle, I assume maybe the 15dpo...

My doc said no to another blood test!!! He said "get off the net, stop stressing, your numbers are great and your ultrasound is only a week away" I had to laugh!! I've never had repeat bloods before, so I'm not surprised.

Dunno if I'm allowed to post this but here goes..

Singleton

Beta values main chart : multiple

Going by 15 DPO i'd say likely, 19dpo maybe not... but the ranges are so high/low for each so it's hard to tell!

I found a much better one last time i looked but i can't find it again

ETA - i dont know what's up with the links but i cant get them to post properly
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; May 15th, 2008 at 05:41 PM.

jej08 Guest

Hi Congratulations on your pregnancy,
    I hope this helps because I am going through a similar sort of thing at the moment but unlike you I have been a little worried that my levels are too low.
    My cycle is irregular also, I am almost certain though of the day i conceived being day 20 of my cycle so when i had my bhcg levels done I would have been 4 wks or 14 dpo - my level was 139.
    According to what I have read from your post, i am feeling a little better because that actually looks good. The reason I have been worried was because I too havn't had a scan yet and the Dr keeps quoting I am 4wks 6d and that would be a low level result.
    I am having another done today 4w 5d or 19 dpo I will let you know what my results are.
    I hate these early days, I have had a m/c before so I am always worried about my bhcg levels.
    Good luck oh and these results are for a single baby
    Last edited by jej08; May 19th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

For 14 dpo those levels do look good!!! From what i can gather, its the doubling time that matters the most, but i'm not having repeat bloods anyway.!! Judging by weeks is hard, which is why I'm going by dpo instead!!

Cant wait to hear your re****, good luck honey!!!

jej08 Guest

I really hope so, I'm probably just worrying for nothing.
    I am sure you are the same it's all I can think about at the moment it is starting to consume me!!
    I'm off now to have the 2nd test, will let you know how things go

Hi Girls,

I was just reading your posts and it was funny as I was just getting a little concern/excited I might have more than one in there too. I have miscarried twice so am having BT's to check levels. I had my first a week ago tomorrow and HDG was 11 then today I had another test and was expected around 100 as it has been about 6 days since.

I had the test this morning and they called me to tell me the results. I was really worried but it was great news. She said they expected 100 but it was 300! She asked me if I was on Clomid and I said it was natural and she sounded surprised. I think I am either 4 weeks 1 day or 4 weeks 5 days. It seems high. I don't really care just excited that I have a healthy baby.

I am not really sure what Clomid does... is it likely to produce multiples?

jej08 Guest

Congratulations, we are due around the same time - according to my dates I am due the 22/01/09 and that would make me today 4wks 4d so if your EDD is the 25/01/09 then you would probably be 4wks 1d and that result would be on the higher side.
    It may be a mutiple but every pregnancy is different, you will just have to wait a few weeks till you can have an ultrasound and see.
    Hope all goes well for you and you bub or bubs, keep me posted when you hear anymore news!
    Cheers

Here is what i can find on HCG levels going by dpo....

Days Past Ovulation (single preg)

10 16 3 245
    11 24 2 152
    12 36 2 208
    13 63 4 575
    14 101 3 2088
    15 136 3 2088
    16 198 5 2744
    17 289 5 4591
    18 399 7 6234

Sorry, I cant copy it properly!!!
    1st column down...dpo
    2nd column average HCG
    3rd column lowest HCG
    4th column highest HCG

Hope that helps ladies. Ill try to copy the multiple one...

10 29 2 57
    11 57 2 173
    12 78 4 348
    13 184 10 486
    14 265 23 1157
    15 349 16 2010
    16 538 16 2883
    17 884 21 3193
    18 1193 22 8060

Remember these are just numbers, and everyone is different. also the doubling time comes into play, so these are just a bit-of-fun guide...

jej08 Guest

Well I got my results today and I am so pleased to be telling everyone all is fine in fact excellent in five days they have jumped from 139 to 2300, I really couldn't believe what I was hearing !
    I'm now on the higher side of numbers as I am only 4w 4d by my calculations maybe I'm having twins (lol)
    Thanks to everyone for your help, advice and support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12