Thread: Low HCG levels??? help please

Default Low HCG levels??? help please

Hi all, Just found out am 4 weeks pregnant after two years on IVF. Was told HCG level was only 65 and to take the good news with some caution. Is 65 very low, has anyone else had a low result?

Congratulations! At 4w pg a result of 65 is fab - it's anything from about 10 upwards normally I think. There's a sticky thread at the top of this area about hCG levels I found really useful when I found out I was pg (at seven-and-a-half weeks). hCG normally doubles every 2-3 days, so as long as it does this then the start value doesn't really matter, as just a week ago your hCG would have been 0.

Congrats on your pregnancy too! I hope it's a very H&H one for you.

Congratulations Meg. What absolutely fantastic news after two years on IVF. Wishing you the happiest and healthiest pregnancy.

Hi Meg

CONGRATULATIONS I also had IVF and had very low HCG level to start with. In fact mine were so low that the first time i had my pregnancy test the nurse rang and told me " Im so sorry but its negative " That was on a Thursday and they said my result was unusually high for a negative result, apparently the usual levels are anything around 5 is negative, 40 and over is positive and mine was 30 !!! They said we need you to have another test on Monday to make sure your levels have come back DOWN to normal. There was no mention whatsoever that i may actually be pregnant. So i had another B/T on the Monday, and after i had just finished my 3rd coffee for the morning (trying to keep myself awake in a training hehehe ) the nurse rang and was congratulating me on my pregnancy :eek: my levels had doubled perfectly.

I was also told that a pregnancy thats off to a slow start usually isnt a good sign and not to get too excited and not to tell anyone just yet. They wanted to repeat the test in another week to make sure my HCG was still doubling and if it was i had to have an internal scan to make sure everything looked ok. The following week at my next B/T my levels were over 1200 !!! YaaaaaaY then a week later we nervously went in for our scan. Our Dr fully prepared us for the worse saying that if it wasnt good news it was still a step in the right direction. As soon as she started the scan she said "Ohh look at the heartbeat, everything is perfectly fine guys congratulations" !! I still cant believe it now !!!!

I am now 11 1/2 weeks and we had our first hospital appt earlier this week, according to them everything is going along perfectly.

So think POSITIVE Meg, so long as your levels are doubling as they should a low level to start with doesnt matter !!! CONGRATULATIONS !! enjoy every minute of it

Cheers
    Char

ps - Sorry it was such a long post hehehe

Oohhh i just noticed you are from SA too, did you go to Repromed ?????

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I agree 65 is great, congrats

I just checked my pregnancy journal. At 4 weeks my hcg was in the 200's, so only a bit higher, but then again I think I had early implantation as I got a bfp at 9dpo.

Goodluck with your pregnancy and congratulations!

confusedegg Guest

Congrats Meg, Thats fantastic levels. I am on IVF also.
    WTG. If you want to keep your mind at ease, ask your clinic if they can keep eye on levels. I had mine done weekly. I am 9 weeks on Tuesday.

Meg congratulations and I hope the pg continues. I also had a low level at first but then went on to have a successful pregnancy. The clinic should do a follow up BT to check in a few days. Very best of luck with it and keep us informed.

Congratulations! I do recall mine being lower than that even, I would try not to worry too much yet. Having had a positive blood test for pregnancy with my first IVF cycle , i was told that my hormones were low too, and to come back in a few days for another blood test. The nurse that day also said that i may lose it, as the levels were so low. Nedless to say, He did stick, and all went perfectly well. I have heard this from a lot of girls who underwent IVF, where they were told their levels were low, and not to get too excited. I think this must be a standard thing that they tell all of their patients, so that if something was to go wrong, it wouldnt be such a hard fall. IYKWIM.
    So anyway... Well done, and congratulations.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and kind support. It has made the last few days much easier. Had another blood test today and my levels were up to 155. They have booked my scan in four weeks time, so all is good im told. Will be five weeks tommorow.
    Thanks again
    meg

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Congrats Meg and good luck

MandyD Guest

Congrats Meg

I had levels of 57 at 4wks and I am about 3 weeks away from meeting my little one. Enjoy your pregnancy

Mandy

Meg, that is wonderful news! Best of luck with the ultrasound.

Mel

Meg,

Congratulations! 65 is a great result!! mine was 70 at 4 weeks I think.. Sounds great, try not to worry, I want to wish you all the best with your next HCG test..Hope all goes well!!

Bel
    xxx