Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really high HCG, is that ok??

Default Really high HCG, is that ok??

Ok, so I had my hcg levels done at 8 weeks and they were 175,000!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty high. Then again at 8w3d and they'd gone to 195,000. The dr said that was ok, they're not supposed to double anymore because they're so high they will just plateau and then go down a bit in 2nd tri. But she said to definately get a scan at 12 weeks to see if there's more than one.
    Being the worrier I am after the m.c before now I'm scared having levels too high could be bad Tell me I'm being stupid!! lol.
    Could there be something wrong or is this good??
    Thanks guys!

I'm no expert, but I think it could only be good SaraJane! You're Dr would have told you otherwise.

Wow, they are pretty high! You either have an extremely sticky bub or two sticky bubs .

Best of luck

I'm no expert, but I thought that high hcg could mean more than one bubba?!
    All the best darl

my god that is a high number.. mine at 5 weeks was about 1200 so at 8 weeks it would have been around 4800...

hmmmmmmmmmm i am pretty sure at this point in time there is more than one in there or more than 2.. (sorry didnt mean to scare u)

with them numbers i dont think ur bub is liking to make a quick escape either!!

congrats!

i will be interested to see if there is one or more bub in there...i have no idea what my levels were as i never got them measured or anything

but congrats on the pregnancy

Hi Sara! I've just pulled out my pathology report from my last hcg test (I always asked to have the results faxed to me). It says that the normal range for 7-12 weeks is 11500-289000.

Your level is towards the high side, but still within range. I would be happy if I were you!

I hope your not against twins though, because there may be a possibility your cooking two muffins

Thankyou girls!!
    Thanks Krystie for looking that up, it's so good to be back so I can find out the answers to all my stupid questions, lol!!
    Nah, I'm not against twins, I would be worried though because I'd be very likely to have a c-section and couldn't go to the birth centre if I get in, and how would I breastfeed 2 babies, and would I be able to give them enough time each!!! lol. But having said that I would be so excited and feel like it was a blessing to have 2!

OMG CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!!!

This is one announcement i missed, I am so happy for you!

Such awesome news - sounds like you might have double trouble! Ah so happy for you

Ahhh CONGRATS!! Another who missed the fantastic news!! Im so happy for you hun. I wouldnt worry about the numbers, they look awesome!

Thankyou Kitten and Skye

Hey SaraJane,

So happy to read your news!! Ooooo and how more exciting your levels are on the 'high' side Twins wow that would be great - are they twins in your family?

I wouldnt be worried with levels like that. Just book your scan in asap and be sure to let us all know how it goes! hehe

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread!

Best of luck hun!

Thankyou Sasha. Actually there's 6 sets of twins on my mum's side of the family from my grandmother's generation down. Never knew there was that many until the other day. Both DH's and my grandparents were twins.

Wow! Sounds like there really may be 2 in there

I know a girl who has been b'feeding her twins for 18 months, it can be done!

SJ I missed the pregnancy announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!

I never knew my HCG levels so can't give any input I'm sorry, but wanted to say that having LOTS of HCG I would think is much better than having a low amount. Sending you so much sticky dust right now, not that I think you need it!

Holy moly with that many twins in the family I'd be surprised if there was just one in there!!!! But whatever happens you'll be a wonderful mum! And mummies are very amazing creatures, and always have enough love and time for their babies, and you'll be no different

aww....thanks Leasha, you're such a sweetie. I was thinking about you. I haven't had the internet for soooo long and was losing track of time and wondering who'd had their babies yet! Glad I didn't miss it, looks she's still in there and what a belly!! So gorgeous!

Hi

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!
    My levels were 97000 at 7 weeks, so could well have been as high as yours at 8 weeks, and I only have 1 cooking.
    Think we are due about the same time, I'm due on the 17th Feb.
    Are you going to keep in touch through the belly buddies thread?
    Hope all is well, but a high level is good, so don't worry.

Oh thanks Tracey, that makes me feel better.
    Oh yes, we are due on the same day!! I posted in the BB thread this morning.

Smile

High levels can represent a few things, twins ect, good implantation, further along than expected. So I wouldn't be worried about how high they are, some people have really high levels others don't!
    Best of luck and let us know how your scan goes!

Snoopea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast