Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Suggested HCG Levels in Pregnancy

Welcome to the neurotic club Meisha My hcg levels were always slow to rise with this pregnancy, (taking 3 days to double & then once I reached 6000 it was taking even longer) & I convinced myself I was going to lose the baby. When an early scan only showed the sac when I was expecting at least a fetal pole I took 3 days off work, cried my eyes out & my partner came with me to the GP where I was told to relax, it was still early & as far as my GP was concerned everyone is different & that I probably ovulated later than I thought. My next scan showed baby at 9wjs+2 with a healthy heartbeat & in the right place. And my due date is only 2 days out from what I originally predicted. Oh, and I had spotting at the start which didn't help my nerves.
    I was a mess for those first few weeks & had to ban myself from researching on google as it only confirmed my fears.

Now I'm 16wks tomorrow & I'm finally starting to relax. My baby is safe & sound, gave me a fright at the beginning but taught me to relax & accept it's out of my control

I hope your next scan gives you happy news xxx

Quote Originally Posted by TickToc View Post
    Welcome to the neurotic club Meisha My hcg levels were always slow to rise with this pregnancy, (taking 3 days to double & then once I reached 6000 it was taking even longer) & I convinced myself I was going to lose the baby. When an early scan only showed the sac when I was expecting at least a fetal pole I took 3 days off work, cried my eyes out & my partner came with me to the GP where I was told to relax, it was still early & as far as my GP was concerned everyone is different & that I probably ovulated later than I thought. My next scan showed baby at 9wjs+2 with a healthy heartbeat & in the right place. And my due date is only 2 days out from what I originally predicted. Oh, and I had spotting at the start which didn't help my nerves.
    I was a mess for those first few weeks & had to ban myself from researching on google as it only confirmed my fears.

Now I'm 16wks tomorrow & I'm finally starting to relax. My baby is safe & sound, gave me a fright at the beginning but taught me to relax & accept it's out of my control

I hope your next scan gives you happy news xxx
    Thank you so much TicToc! It's reassuring to hear others have been through the same thing and all is okay!!! My GP wasn't overly concerned (at least over the phone she didn't sound it) but did say to wait and see what the ultrasound shows us on Thursday.....I feel pretty proud of myself as I haven't fallen in a heap although the tears do start sometimes but I pull it together....I am taking comfort in the fact that other women have had similar and been FINE, I don't have any cramping or bleeding (only that one slight brown discharge), my (.)(.) are still sore and bigger, tummy has swelled (not lots but enough that I have to try and hide it as no one knows yet!) and generally feel very well - apart from my 8yo having now given me her cold!! Such a sharer! ha ha

It would be so much easier if I went through the same process with my daughter and had a comparative...I said to the nurse yesterday perhaps the levels are normal for me when pregnant but I wouldn't know as was never given any of this information (nor had as many blood tests or ultrasounds back then)...all I know if I have more pregnancy symptoms with this one that i did with my daughter!

My two pregnancies were very different and even as babies they are very different I can't use any of my parenting strategies from last baby for this one but it is very hard not to compare

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean88 View Post
    My two pregnancies were very different and even as babies they are very different I can't use any of my parenting strategies from last baby for this one but it is very hard not to compare
    I can imagine! We are just trying to remain positive as we haven't had anything definitively BAD occur or be found etc it is more so levels low (according to normal ranges) and they didn't see what they thought they should see at 8 weeks (even though I told them roughly my conception date). We are trying not to worry until we are given something definitely worth worrying about!

My hubby has been googling and found an article that said from research low HCG can suggest baby is a boy....ha ha He is hoping it's right as he already has two very chatty females in the house!!

Haha lovely to hear your hubby is looking into things and keen he sounds great, hopefully it turns out to be baby just taking their time lol no rush they've got quite a few more months to grow yet hopefully you get done reassuring answers in a few days and can relax, I remember I had a scan at the end of 5weeks with my first and they couldn't even confirm it was a pregnancy lol a couple weeks later we had a heartbeat and arms and all sorts of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Meisha78 View Post

It would be so much easier if I went through the same process with my daughter and had a comparative...I said to the nurse yesterday perhaps the levels are normal for me when pregnant but I wouldn't know as was never given any of this information (nor had as many blood tests or ultrasounds back then)...all I know if I have more pregnancy symptoms with this one that i did with my daughter!
    Exactly! That's what I decided as well - with my DD I peed on a stick, had an u/s that showed me at 7wks something & then another u/s at 20wks & that was it. I never knew about hcg levels until my ectopic. I know I wanted the reassurance of weekly blood tests but in the end it was actually increasing my anxiety because my levels never went up as expected. So maybe this is "normal" for me - wonder if that's a good argument for having another bub after this one? "But honey, I'm really interested in comparing the two pregnancies"

Thank you ladies! hubby is trying to contain his excitement just in case it's not a positive outcome but it's hard as this is technically his first baby - but my second. He has been dad to my daughter since she was 3 (now 8) but being around from the very start is a lot different!

I am just hoping that everything will turn out fine.....I think I am more worried about hubby than me!! ha ha

Hopefully my HCG levels are just slowly increasing because other things are happening, placenta starting to work etc and we will get good news on Thursday! Technically we will be about 8 weeks (from conception) so we SHOULD see baby and heartbeat...but the lead up to the appt is going to kill me!!

Good luck with your scan Meisha

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TickToc View Post
    Good luck with your scan Meisha
    Unfortunately not good. They said didn't appear sac had grown much and still not showing anything. Just saw doctor and she is still waiting for the report but thinks it's a blighted ovum. If so will have d & c next week

Meisha :hugs:

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

hugs

Oh Meisha I'm so sorry ;(

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910