Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggested HCG Levels in Pregnancy

Hi LuluHB
    thanks for letting me know how you went your hcg levels they went up very quick i hope your over the morning sickness now
    cheers
    karen

leede Guest

Default hcg levels

hi. Today i went and got my blood test results back. im about 4 and a half weeks pregnant but the doc says my hcg levels are low 25IU/L and says that i might miscarry. Has anybody else been through this and not miscarried.

Hi Leede

I recently got my bloodtests done but I think think that my doctor tested for HCG but I have just come in to say that I hope your levels rise soon and I hope someone can tell you a success story!

Hi Leede, Is your Dr going to do another blood test in a few days time ?
    You could be earlier into your pregnancy than you think so they could still rise.

Hi, I know how u feel. My levels started off low 21, 37, 79 etc. I too was told that they were too low and this really upset me. I had a m/c before this pregnancy so I was really stressed. My levels have increased and I am 8 weeks now. Sometimes levels rise slow and not all levels are really high. as long as you are not cramping or bleeding you should be okay. I would get Dr to test levels every 2-3 days. This way you can see if you are increasing. You may just be less pregnant then you think. Hope that helped. Good Luck.

gideon Guest

I had my bloods done at 3wks 6day and they were 33...low but the thing i'm thinking about is making sure they are going up!! So as long as my Monday bloods 4w are at least 66, i'll be happy.

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Default Worried - HCG Level

I went to the doctor's on Monday to confirm my pregnancy. History - LMP 31/12/06 BFP on Discover Onestep test on 4/2 and 5/2 (darker line). I went back on Wednesday for the results and all she did was the antenatal screening and didn't actually test for the pregnancy. Silly woman?????? So she rang the pathology for them to do the test. I got a phone call today by the nurse who advised that my HCG was reasonable at 530 and to have another blood test on Monday.

I am now worried as I referred to the HCG levels on BB and mine aren't even in range. Should I be worried?? Can when you actually conceived have a bearing on the HCG level?

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Nat, try not to worry too much sweets about that one number, so long as your levels are doubling every second day (so your results for test on Monday should be higher) then it should be fine and with those levels you definately are preggo. I didnt have mine monitored with this pregnancy as I didnt want that sort of stress over a number. Please take it easy and think only positive things.

Wishing you lots of luck for a happy and healthy pg!
    Lisa

Bubbles
    Lisa is correct. One single nimber does not give you a good indication of what is going on. One thing to note is that the hormone HCG is only porduced when an egg has attached its self to the wall of the uterus

Thanks guys. I know I shouldn't worry and should stay positive. Although I did find some websites and it showed that I am in range according to DPO. So that has pepped me up a bit and i won't stress myself about it as it won't do any good

HCG levels vary SOOOOOOOOO much from person to person!

I couldnt quite work out how many dpO it was when you had the blood test but I had mine at 16dpO and my HCG was 373. They seemed very happy with this and said that it is only under 150 that they start to worry, I think under 25 is not a viable pregnancy at all.

I agree with bucca...the levels are very personal. With my current pregnancy my levels went down one day and up the next 48 hours. They have not been doubling but are still rising. I got myself into such a mess over the levels not doubling only to have my doc (2 weeks after the stress) tell me not to worry about doubling either. As long as the levels are rising. Good luck hon

Default my hcg level

on tuesday I had my hcg levels checked and the level was 240. my lmp was march 15th and dh and I dtd on march 31st and I am pretty sure I ovulated on April 2nd. I felt O pains that day. So would 240 be low?Some places I find say that is a good number, some say it should be 500. Some people have levels that are a bit lower, or much much higher like in the thousands. Im just a bit worried. thanks for any help.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

congratualtions - it seems fine to me don't fret too much about the number ... hcg doubles every 48 hrs or so.
    Assuming you O on 2nd - you would have been 15dpo - on Tuesday 17th normally at 14 (days past ovulation) IVF clinics like you to be around 100 and in 48hrs if it doubled it would be say 200 ...at 15/16dpo - so you are just fine.

I had my HCG checked yesterday, I should be approx 6 weeks and the levels are 23105. Not sure if that helps you or not. I'm really not sure how they work.

Here is a link to a post on here with HCG levels on it too.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=1300

from what i understand its not the level that counts but whether the level is doubling properly. i think they like to see it double every 48 hours in the first few weeks of pregnancy. im sure everything is fine but if you are worried maybe get another blood test to see if the number is doubling nicely.

240 sounds pretty good to me for an early pregnancy blood test. i had 36 for my first, then 80 the next day and then 600 a few days later so 240 sounds good for the first test.

beccas

Usually, HCG levels above 5 is considered pregnant. HCG levels vary from person to person so I would really rely on the levels you see on the net as they are "suggested level" - however, your result sounds like you are pregnant. CONGRATS!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

how are you going ?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast