Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggested HCG Levels in Pregnancy

I think mine were somewhere around the 14000 mark at 5 weeks and I'm just having a singleton.

they are actually within normal range. With my last preg at 6+1 they were 98000, 2 days later 167000. With one baby.

Thanks guys.

earthylala - that is the sort of info I was looking for. Excellent news for me then lol.

it's just that being an older mum and having twins everywhere in my family I was stressing. Now I'll relax until the scan is done (12 weeks)

HCG s very variable between individuals. Mine was 65000 at weeks. No twins this time, phew!!!

I've just got my HCG results for 16dpo (4wks2days) and it is 351. I'm not having anymore BT's but have my 7 week scan in 3 weeks to check if 1 or 2 (as I had 2 embryo's transferred) so will pop back then and let you know.

Good luck Kelly and congrats on getting your BFP

Hi Ladies

Had my bloods done on friday. I would have been 3w6d by my dates and my hcg levels were 558, getting hcg tested again this friday.

Default HCG levels

So on monday my HCG levels were: 9880 which according to my printout this is the normal ranges (ill do them all may help some others to know the ranges)

POST LMP RANGE
    <3 weeks 5-50
    3-4 weeks 50-500
    4-5 weeks 100-5000
    5-6 weeks 500 - 10000
    6-7 weeks 1000-50000
    7-8 weeks 10000-100000
    8-10 weeks 15000-200000
    10-14 weeks 10000-100000

I was 5 weeks and 4 days at the time of the test so fall in the normal range for 5-6 weeks JUST today being 48 hours later given the normal saying that they double id be around 19760 which falls into the 6-7 week stage and when i do hit 6 weeks doubling that number again i should have levels of approx 39520

So i guess what my point is after my dr saying not to hold much hope that both twins will survive does my 9880 level look good for 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins?

firstly I cant believe your doc said there isn't hope.. thats terrible..

hun as long as they rise there is hope.
    are you having a second blood test?

its not the numbers exactly though they do look good, its how they rise every 48-72 hours

no futher blood test has been mentioned just the 2nd scan on the 22nd to make sure both are growing so the only blood test i had gave me 9880 at 5 1/2 weeks

i would of thought a second blood test would of been done.

i would maybe get one done by the gp anyway

Betabase has a list of hcg levels in twin pregnancies. It says that the average at 25DPO is 9068.
    Not sure why your dr would have said it is unlikely for both to survive. Especially if they think they are fraternal. I thought the issues with twins were mainly when they shared a placenta?

my drs just an old grumpy man who doesnt believe i should be having more kids at my age lol

Hi

I thought I would pop back in and let you know my results...

Both these results are 16dpo
    1st pregnancy - HCG 305 progesterone 80 - 1 baby DD
    2nd pregnancy - HCG 351 progesterone 95 - Twins due May 2011

Just goes to show that HCG numbers are really hard to give you an indication if you are having 1 or 2 babies.

My hcg levels at 5wks 4 days was 9880 and that's with twins apparently the levels aren't the best indicator of how many bubs your having

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies, I have my 12 week scan in a week and a half (26th) so will find out then what is happening inside I have been feeling so different with this pg and almost fainted the other day (never happened before). My dr and his nurse just looked at the numbers and gave a really big grin but refused to say anymore (the rats lol) said they didn't want to jinx me :0

Kelly and Mrs S a huge congratulations on the twins.

Well had the scan and yep there is only 1 froggie in there but a big one. Instead of measuring 12w4d, froggie was measuring 13w1d. I know it is only a matter of days but I tend to have bigger bubs anyway and I'm hoping that it will not put out the NT results. GGGrrrrrrrrr the drs tend to use the scan dates instead of my dates and I know exactly when it happened and I could not possibly be 4 days ahead lol.

Default This HCG level is fine... right?

Hello

I've just gotten off the phone with the nurse at my doctor's surgery. Had my HCG checked yesterday at 4 weeks (exactly) and it was 73.

The nurse said that this was on the low end and was a bit concerned that it was too low. Now they have me all worried! I have a history of recurrent miscarriage but have also had 2 healthy kids in between. I know with my DS the levels were about 4 times that at the same gestation but i know that every pregnancy is different and i shouldn't really compare! I have checked BetaBase and those levels seem fine but i guess it was just the negativity of the nurse that has me questioning it. I will be having another blood test on Tuesday.

Now, my dates could possibly be out by a few days as for the last few months i had a 25 day cycle instead of my regular 28 day cycle. I used the BellyBelly due date calculator which asks your cycle length, ovulation day etc.. and my due date came up as 4th August, however when my GP worked it out she said my due date was 8th August, but she was only going by the date of my LMP (31st October). I *think* i ovulated on 11th or 12th November.

So... reassure me please!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast