Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Suggested HCG Levels in Pregnancy

my dr has an after hours line divvy plus my dr isnt in Ballarat since Ballarat is 23kms away my dr is in the town in which I live where there is only a population of 143 so always plenty of space

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Wow. A doctor in a town of 143. You're a lucky woman. I thought the local doctors' was in Smythsdale.

Yes there is one in SmythEsdale ... why is a simple concern i had being changed into a battle? forget i ever reached out for help

not to mention the fact that what i call my local dr is back in town with ny parents in GEELONG nothing to do with towns.near where i live anyway lesson learnt not to seek advice from here

Just a little jealous of the access to services that you can get where you live. When I lived in Shepparton, we had to wait days (if not weeks) for a doctor's appointment.

sorry just a little sensitive atm. As i said im back home with mum and dad for easter and i still call it home

Do you want to meet up for coffee after your doctors appointment Mrs S? Or I could come with you for some extra support if you like? It must be scary being worried about the effects of having your mirena removed.

Hi huni congratulations on your pregnancy firstly.

Secondly, I'd be asking for HCG level checks a few days apart. And try booking in a dating scan ASAP. That will keep your mind at ease.

Try not to stress, enjoy being pregnant x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

traveller a coffee would be great my sisters just about to pick me up ill pm you my number

pee on a stick confirmed, blood test done another on thursday to compare levels

GL MrsS, hope it's all good with the levels xox

Quote Originally Posted by ~*MrsS*~ View Post
    pee on a stick confirmed, blood test done another on thursday to compare levels

Hope your levels come back what they should be

Mrs S,
    Seeing as you got you pregnant while your Mirena was in, i thought that i should point this important information out for you.

If 1000 women used the Mirena for a year, only one would fall pregnant. This compares with about 10 for the normal IUD, 20 for the Pill and 10-15 for Depo Provera. This is comparable to the effectiveness of sterilisation.

Mirena acts as a contraceptive in two ways: it makes the mucus at the neck of the womb (the cervix) much thicker, preventing sperm from getting through and it also makes the lining of the womb extremely thin, stopping implantation. In some women it prevents ovulation.

If it does fail, there is a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy. If you felt pregnant or had a positive pregnancy test, it is important to see your doctor to rule this out. Overall, however, compared to women not using any contraception, the risk of ectopic pregnancy is greatly reduced (around 2 per 10,000 women each year because the Mirena is such a good contraceptive.

If a pregnancy does occur with a Mirena, it is advisable to remove the contraceptive if possible - this reduces the risk of bleeding, infection and miscarriage. Because failure is so rare, there is little information available on the effects on an ongoing pregnancy with the Mirena still in place.

thanks the dr explained all this to me. the mirena was not inserted properly therefore was ineffective. The dr was happy that i havent had any heaby bleeding since removal so mc is unlikely

Default HCG Levels

Hi Ladies!!

I had a supposed 8 week u/s on the 16th August which they said only measured me approximately 6 weeks along - not 8. Our conception date would have been anywhere after the 30th June as hubby and I only did the deed 30/6 and 3/7 so anywhere after then and implantation date is anyone's guess! ha ha

After my first u/s the GP got me to do bloods (given the difference in weeks) although she wasn't overly concerned (and nor were we given the dates we know are definite)...my bloods have come back and whilst again the GP isn't worried she did say they are on the low side...which is making me worry....

Is anyone familiar with HCG levels and whether I should be worried or whether there is still some hope??

My first blood test was 31st July which came back as 2649
    2nd blood test was 21 August which came back as 18901
    3nd blood test was 23 August which came back as 20949

I have been googling (yes I know not always great!) but I have read on alot of sites that anything above 6000 can take over 96 hours to double so being I only did it two days apart (and to be honest probably a bit less that two days apart) that may explain the only slight increase between 2 or 3 - but I am just guessing!

If anyone has been in my shoes or similar I would love to hear!! I am not experiencing cramping or any bleeding etc and still have sore chest and tired and queasy on and off some days.

Thank you all!!!!

The range of what's normal is ginormous! But your numbers look great. I think that you are right with the two day, less than two day theory. I think doubling time is about every three days. But I do know it does vary between the types of numbers and I've also read that numbers that were very high to begin with tend to even out (I.e. slow down) later.

Heya, I hate hcg levels!! Hahaha they send me crazy with worry but only cos I have been there recently as well. Anyway I think they look fine given the 6000+ 'rule'. Mine doubled like crazy as yours did until about 11000 from memory and then took 3-4 days to double from there. My GP was worried as we had had two previous losses so set us for a dating scan straight away. I was only 6w3d as expected (by ovulation - by af dates I would have been over 7 weeks) which explained the levels and yes she agreed after 6000 they can slow down. What was the results of your ultrasound??
    Everything crossed for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by MumtoA View Post
    Heya, I hate hcg levels!! Hahaha they send me crazy with worry but only cos I have been there recently as well. Anyway I think they look fine given the 6000+ 'rule'. Mine doubled like crazy as yours did until about 11000 from memory and then took 3-4 days to double from there. My GP was worried as we had had two previous losses so set us for a dating scan straight away. I was only 6w3d as expected (by ovulation - by af dates I would have been over 7 weeks) which explained the levels and yes she agreed after 6000 they can slow down. What was the results of your ultrasound??
    Everything crossed for you!!
    Thank you so much ladies!!

My first ultraround showed the samgestational sac and something faint in the sack but not clear enough to determine what it was. At that racy G would have been no more than six weeks from conception but they were dating eight weeks from LMP although I did tell them I did not conceive until two to two and a half weeks after my LMP on 19/6. The sac measured 15mm and everything was where it should be cut with difference in gestation they sent me for clones and another ultrasound this Thursday!!

The first ultrasound sent me into a mad Googling machine which I did find some stuff that stuff my mind at rest. I read you don't see yolk sac until gestational sac is 20mm and fetal role not until 25Mm and the sac grows on average 1 mm per day which should put me at around 29 mm this Thursday . But then I got the low blood so got something new to worry about! I have read through hcg levels stop rising when the placenta starts working too and I did have very slight discharge last week. Only one and not much and apparently can mean the placenta has started to take over. So worrying and frustrating!!

I have an eight years old daughter and never had to do early eating scan etc had one scan at 19 weeks. Was excited with this one for the extra scans etc but now I wish they had just left me be as it's caused more worry than peace of mind!! I swear I am looking more and more neurotic after each doctors visit!!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast