Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HCG Levels?

Default HCG Levels?

Hi everyone,

For those of you that dont know me, I had a mmc in Jan this year and am now about 5 weks pregnant.
    Because I am prone to stressing, I had my HCG levels taken last Friday. I got the results today and they are 480. The Dr recommended I get the levels tested again to see if they are rising as they should be.

I forgot to ask the Dr, but are my levels OK?

Also, if you had your HCG levels taken really early, do you remember what they were?

TIA

PS- I realise there isnt anything I can do to prevent a m/c happening again, I just want reasurance that it is ok at the moment.

Week 3 0 to 5
    Week 4 5 to 426
    Week 5 18 to 7340
    Week 6 1,080 to 56,500
    Weeks 7 to 8 7,650 to 229,000
    Weeks 9 to 12 25,700 to 288,000
    Weeks 13 to 16 13,300 to 254,000
    Weeks 17 to 24 4,060 to 165,400
    Weeks 25 to birth of baby 3,640 to 117,000
    4 to 6 weeks after birth Less than 5

so they are just fine!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; March 23rd, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Hi Ubba - I just looked back at my numbers and at 4w1d my hcg was only 34 - and i'm now 22 weeks.

I can understand why you are stressing - hang in there!

K

The range of HCG levels at each week of pregnancy seems very broad.

Would it be safe to assume that as long as they're increasing substantially (not necessarily doubling) and are within the ranges mentioned above, that things look optimistic?

Hi Soulful - from what i've read it seems to be the increase that is important rather than the number - if they keep going up - even if they dont exactly double (every 48 hrs?) - its a good sign!

Controlfreak - thanks for the message. Very reassuring. My levels are increasing, but not doubling. Starting to worry a little.....

Hi Ubba, Yours sound fine to me, I found out I was pregnant at 4 wks and my levels were 280, so I would try and relax although believe me I know how hard that is!. Mine didn't double or triple this time as expected but everything is fine and I'm now nearly 18 weeks it's just different for everyone.

Big hug and much luck!!!
    Cheers Missy

Well I went and saw my Dr today and we discussed my levels from Friday which were 480. According to her scale, my levels are on the low side for 5 weeks. She thought it would be best to get another test done to make sure they are rising nicely. I'm still stressing despite reading other positive posts.

ubba82 - all the best with the next test. I'm in the same boat! Levels at 5 weeks were 450, so will be getting another test done.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Thanks Soulful - Havnt seen you in the belly buddies group would love you to come back.

there is a website... betabase, and you can put your levels and dates in there, and it calculates your doubling rate and gives general statistical averages. I found it good when I was pregnant to check my levels on.
    Good luck girls. xo

Hey Ubba,

I was told just recently that levels can rise very subtly depending on the pregnancy from check to check but basically a rise of any kind is a good thing. Have you had an early US?
    I know the anxiety you are feeling all to well however if you have had no bleeding then things are probably travelling along nicely.

HCG (as told to me by GP) decreases by half each day when a MC is going to happen, just to give you an idea.

Best of luck
    Nae x

Thanks Nae,

I didnt bleed at all with my m/c, for a whole 3 months I thought I was pregnant but it was only for 2 months. I think that is my main stress incase it happens again. I have a referral for an u/s that I can get done next Friday. I will wait and get my HCG test back this afternoon then think about getting the scan done. At the end of the day, if I am going to loose this pregnancy it will happen regardless of if I keep getting levels checked or scans done. With the last pregnancy (the one I m/c) I had a scan done at 8 weeks and saw a beautiful heartbeat but a few days later the bubs had died.

ubba82 - all the best with your levels this afternoon. Be sure to let us know how you go!

Have you had much pregnancy symptoms? I've had none whatsoever (apart from mild cramping) and I wonder whether this has anything to do with the low HCG levels?

I know hun, a mmc is a very difficult thing to go through I am sorry for your loss. Every following pregnancy you will wonder whether everything is ok as you go along from test to test, scan to scan.

Hope for the best hun because it will be that hope that will carry you through the uncertainty.

things will work out no two pregnancies are ever the same

Nae x

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to update that my levels have gone up to 3300 from yesterdays quantitive test. So far so good.

Good one!!!

Great news lady! You must be thrilled, and very relieved. Keep hanging on to those positive vibes... I know it's scarey, but so far so good!

Thanks again for the walk and the chat today! Feel like I got some therapy to go with my exercise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast