Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyperactivity in an overdue baby - what does this mean?

Default Hyperactivity in an overdue baby - what does this mean?

I have this belief in my head that as babies are getting ready for birth they quieten down in preparation and as there is no room left they don't have much choice.

Phoenix is 5 days over EDD now and last night I couldn't sleep for the crazy antics going on from head to foot. I was literally pummelled for hours on and off, feet, knees, hands and head were going wild.

Whats going on? Anyone else experience this? No signs of Phoenix making any moves to get out at this stage.

ETA. Phoenix has always been an active, physical baby, but last night was almost on another level!
    Last edited by dusty; August 2nd, 2010 at 08:48 AM.

I had a dream last night that you posted a very cryptic FB status hinting that you may be in labour ROFL. It could just be that P is betting into a better position to get ready for the birth or it could mean nothing at all. FWIW, none of mine got really quiet before birth either - they just kept up their normal patterns.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Maybe baby was turning to a better position?? eg OP to OA

I would suggest going to get checked out as well just in case, better to be safe than sorry.

Hope you go into labour soon!

It's an internal soccer training session. Phoenix is gonna have to start straight away if he's going to be the next Harry Kewell. Which he won't. He'll be better, of course.

Hope you get some rest!

I had the same thing with my DD (but wasn't overdue) I went in at 37weeks to get checked out (she was alwas very quiet and I had several scans for next to no movement) she was so active I was on the CTG for 3hrs then they sent me for a walk and to come back and try again as her heart rate was 170-180 and wouldn't come down to baseline and the movements just wouldn't stop. Anyway that was around 9pm and I went into labour the following morning. She was born just over 12hrs later from that night. Hopefully Phoenix is kicking up a storm. Maybe he/she is having a farwell party before exiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    It's an internal soccer training session. Phoenix is gonna have to start straight away if he's going to be the next Harry Kewell. Which he won't. He'll be better, of course.

Hope you get some rest!
    Haha, nice reply Audax!!

Hope he settles enough to give Mumma a rest xo

I agree with Trillian... my babies never slowed down, kept up movements as per usual. I really think it's quite dangerous for women to think their babies should be quiet just because birth is pending.... If you baby is not moving much seek assistance... if you baby is moving lots... Meh

Hopefully as the others have said bub is just moving into a better possy

Maybe Phoenix was having one last hurrah before making his/her entrance?

None of my babies quietened down before I went into labour either. Be warned, my two most active in utero (DS1 & DD) were very active on the outside too!

I can smell a much awaited BA in the air

DS never quietened down, but I didn't go into labour sponteneously, so maybe he would have stopped for a bit if I had. I think he was a bit less active during labour... hard to tell through the contractions though
    Hope it's soon!

Neither of my babies settled down before birth. Yasin even managed one final kick to my vagina as he was coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Yasin even managed one final kick to my vagina as he was coming out
    Yowser Onyx.

Dusty, I too suspect Phoenix is almost ready to meet mummy. Maybe bub senses that its time to come out and is just making the most of time on the inside. After all, its nice & warm and snug in there.

God luck, looking forward to reading your BA!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Trish~ View Post
    I can smell a much awaited BA in the air
    Mmmm.... and it smells delicious.

Hi Dusty, well you are certainly getting to expernce LOTS of the pregnancy journey..Hopefully Phoenix decides to come soon and save you the induction date.
    All my babies were active until birth and Sophie was very active during my labour????With Tilly I had accupunture, EP tablets, walking, sex.. I had a show and a S&S and then another S&S, some more show, some prelabour still bubs was very active..I ended up not being able to avoid my CS...I think she was in there for the long haul. She certainly put up a protest when she was taken out!!!
    Wishing you loads of labour vibes..I keep checking along with hundreds of others I am guessing on a daily basis..Good luck , nice that Aunty Em is here now.

I had this with Lachlan , The night before he made an apperance.
    I was 9 days over and that night he kept me awake with his antics, the next day i woke very worn out and had no signs of him making his arrival.

Later that day though my waters broke and he made his arrival... hoping the same for you xxx

With DD1 she gave me the most almighty kick combined with some really full on movements and I'm pretty sure broke the sac! My waters broke about half an hour after she did it so I'm pretty sure it was because of that.

DD was kicking up a storm right up until I went into labour, makes it a little hard to do relaxtion at Yoga when you are getting kicked
    I too was getting kicked as she was on her way out

On the home straight hun

yep, another wriggler here! my DD was about to burst through my belly button (or so it seemed) just moments before my waters broke...she NEVER slowed down...

I can't wait to hear Dusty's BA!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast