Thread: does "quickening" feel like a pulse?

Default does "quickening" feel like a pulse?

Do the first movements feel like a big throb (like a big pulse, but just a once-off, not a regular beat)?

I'm 21 weeks (first bub) and have been feeling this on-and-off every now and then for about 2.5 weeks, but have ignored it as "just a big pulse"... it's been more frequent recently, which has got me thinking it might be movement...???

Thanks!

For me it kind of feels like a bubble popping in my tummy.

Sounds similar to what I experienced, Shell. My baby's first movements felt like little painless muscle spasms low down in my belly.
    How exciting for you!!!

ikis Guest

What you describe is what it felt like for me, exactly

Mine felt like a big pulse... I kept calling it a 'doink' in my belly. i never felt the flutter feelings. Now it still sort of feels the same, but stronger.

to start with it felt like bubbles, but as it got further along it felt like a big pulse or muscle twitch. Now it ranges from twitch feelings to big full on kicks and pushes. I def think you are feeling bubs if you are getting them more reg and they feel like pulses etc. It's strange feeling to start with isn't it? But soon you'll be talking to bubs in response to them and rubbing his legs/feet/arms/butt/head etc. Enjoy these feelings cause u sure as heck miss them once bubs is born!

Yup! I had 'pulsing' a few weeks ago in the lower uterus area and thought it was just that, and then it started to move up and I realised it was bub! The flutterings have gone, occasionally I feel them, but almost gone. Bub's moved on to kicking and punching now.

Thanks so much for your replies!

Yay!! I felt movement!!