Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much weight did you put on in first trimester?

Default How much weight did you put on in first trimester?

Hi, I've gained about 4 kilos (I was 52-53 kilos and am now 56.4). I am 11 weeks 6 days. Is that too much of a weight gain? I have been eating more liberally, chocolate biccies, creamy pasta every now and then, hot chips and I am thinking is that the reason behind it? i think I'll have to control those cravings somehow!

In my first tri i put on about 2kg. Because i was big to start with my Dr was happy with that amount. Nearly at the end of my journey i have now gained 10kg but its to be expected. My dr at the start told me no more then 10-12kg would be ok for me.....but i think its going to be more then that come 40 weeks....if i can hold out that long.

You eat what you feel like or crave. For me the first 20-24 weeks i had a real thing for lettuce, strawberries, passionfruit and tomatoes. So all healthy food....oh and my green apples to deal with morning sickness (up til 20 weeks). NOw i still have a craving for pink lady apples, pineapple and watermelon.

As long as u balance out the 'treats' with fruits and vegies your gain will slowly go up, or be steady. I lost weight and gained through out this pg, until now, where its always an increase

That sounds fine. I put on nothing and my DH was so worried! I have since put on 5kg in the last 8w or so. It's more normal to lose weight because of M/S or to gain because of cravings and having loads more blood and uterine weight, not to mention we're supposed to get larger breasts in T1 (didn't happen til T2 with me!).

I put on a couple of kilos in the first tri. I'm on the bigger side though, so less is best for me I've put on around 5.5kilos so far this pregnancy (now 26 weeks).

With my first I gained 22 kilos *groan*

Ive put on 2 kilos max

I am on the bigger side also, and I am 4kgs lighter now then I was at 6 weeks. I don't know why though... I eat everything !!!
    As you can see from all the other girls comments... everyone varies.

I didnt put on any weight during first tri (i was soooooooooo sick). Since 2nd tri I have put on about 2 kg i think, but coudlnt be so sure as we dont own scales. It sounds like you were particularly sick with morning sickness so maybe your body just had the chance to get that extra weight.
    Eat what your body needs! if you crave something eat it, but obviously you would have to eat fruit and stuff too.

Cool

I've put on less than a kg - and my OB has said that bub's fine, and he'll be happy with anything from a 5-15kg weight gain for me. Of course, if its only 5kg then it'll be ALL baby

Which is kinda weird, as "what to expect" has about 15kg including amniotic fluids, sacs, placenta etc.

I put on 6 kg in first trimester, not because of what i was eating, it was due to lack of doing - i had severe fatigue and basically lay on the couch for 2 months! Since then i have had a steady weight gain of 1.5kgs each month which my dr is happy with. i don't worry about the weight anymore - i was absolutely stressing about it initially. Can't do anything about it other than trying to eat well and keep moving. Will deal with it after baby is born.

So far I have lost 2kg in first tri, put on about 5kg in second tri, and so far in the third tri I am up to about 3kg.
    So all up I'm 32w and I've gained about 6kg.
    Same pattern as last time - somehow in the last few weeks I managed to put on about 5-6kg though, so ended up about +14-16kg all up!! Eek! I got up to about 92kg last time.
    I'm hoping I can limit myself to under 90kg this time as I want to get back to below 80kg asap when baby is born.

In the last 12 weeks i have put on 5 kilos.

Sakeenah Guest

around the time baby was concived i was 68kg then at 12wks i was 58kg, at 17wks 57kg, then at 21wks 58kg, now im 25wks and due for a weigh in so ill let u know

During my first pg i put on 20-25kg "eeek" from cravings, but managed to almost get back to my pre baby weight of about 50-55kg before this one was concieved.
    This time i don't crave all the sweets & greasy food as much & try to do a bit of exercise when i can be bothered. So far at 23 weeks today i have put on 5kg.
    I think i put on about 2kg in the first tri.
    Everyones diff tho, so i wouldn't worry like Rachel said " Can't do anything about it other than trying to eat well and keep moving. Will deal with it after baby is born"

i put nothing on in the first trimester, started at 55kg, put 8kgs on in the second and only 3kgs since then.

I put on 2-3kgs, but in the last week or two I have lost 1-2kgs for some unknown reason. Although I have been craving really healthy things like lettuce, cucumber and cheese salads with lemon on it?! and watermelon and mangoes- mmmm mongoes must go and eat one... don't worry too much over the weight, I started to but have realised that if there is something wrong you dr will tell you or you will feel yucky in yourself. Let nature take it's course!

Kellie.

I didn't put on any weight in my first trimester, which I was completely surprised at because I'm not the skinniest person to start with and usually put on weight at the drop of a hat.
    I'm now nearly 16 weeks, and have put on about 300g (today was the first time my scales went up!)

I have put on 7 kgs so far. I dont mind tho, as long as baby is happy and healthy!!

I didn't put on any weight in the first trimester, I actually lost 2.5 kilos but wasn't sick or anything. Dr said that was fine tho. And to date I still haven't put on any!! Has me a bit worried but my belly has started to pop and my bb's are definately larger and I can feel bubs moving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast