Thread: Weight gain at 17 weeks

Default Weight gain at 17 weeks

I know everyone is different but wondering if anyone can share their weight gains. I am 159cm tall and was 74 kgs before I fell pregnant. I am 17 weeks today and decided to do a bit of a weigh in this morning. I have now put on 4 kgs - I am now 78 kgs. I am just wondering if this seems to be a normal weight gain. The last 2 kgs has been in the past fortnight. I am trying to stay relaxed about the weight gain but do not want to go overboard and put on too much. The dr said I should put on up to 13 kgs.

How much had you put on at my stage and how much more did you put on for the rest of the pregnancy.

Thanks!

Hi Nicca77- with my first preg i gained 23 kg..... i never usually eat breakfast and lunch and when i fell preg i had to gain the extra meals... which meant i put on heaps of weigh... This time im 20 weeks and have only put on 5-7 kg but fluctuate alot... i'm trying to drink heaps of water and eat healthy meals... Walking, bike riding anything that i can physically handle... staying active helps heaps... i wouldnt stress to much... its normal to gain weigh, stressing bout it wont help..

Good luck with your preg

Hi Nicca77

I too am 17 weeks with baby number 3. This time I have gained only 5 lbs or about 2.5 kg. With #1 I ended up gaining about 25kg and #2 was about 20kg. As I am busy with my girls I am sure it will be less this time. Don't stress too much about it you are in the normal range. The weight gain doesn't happen at an even rate. One week you think "Wow, I don't seem to be gaining much" and another week you think " Oh no I must have been eating like a pig."

Thanks for your replies. Sounds like I am on track. I am pretty happy where I am at and now that my tiredness has gone I am going to get in some walking outside or yoga and pilates at the gym. After 10 years of trying to lose weight I have to keep reminding myself that weight gain is completely normal now. All good though.

Nicole