Thread: A big Baby at 35 weeks!

Unhappy A big Baby at 35 weeks!

Ugg! I went for a ultrasound yesterday and I was told my baby girl is 3.5 kgs at 35 weeks and she is 39 weeks 2 days size wise. I am freaking out! Spoke to my OB and she says I can be only induced at 39 weeks (because of risks of respiratory problems with baby). I really do want to try for V. birth! Is there anyone in the same boat?
    PS
    My Husband and I have both were big babies
    I don't have gestational diabetes.

Don't trust ultrasounds!!!!

My baby girl was predicted to be 3.2kg at birth, but was actually 4.48kg. There was a difference of 1.3kg and I'm sure it could go both ways, in that a predicted "big" baby might not be so big.

Talk it with a grain of salt and move on - don't let it bother you for one more second. Your baby could well be a decent size baby, or possibly even a huge baby, but it makes no difference at all. And of course you can have a vaginal birth - to think otherwise is absurd.

If you read through some threads you will find that u/s sizing is very inaccurate. Also there is no reason why you can't birth a large baby - women do it all the time. I would think that an induction is more likely to cause you a problem than birthing a big baby. I would just totally disregard the info and let nature take it's course.

Yeah, I must agree with the above responses. All the way through my pregnancy, I was told that I was having a HUGE baby. At about 32(maybe 34?? can't remember) weeks, bubs apparently measured 39weeks!!!! I was told then, that I was having at least a 10 pound baby! Well, Lucky I am a little on the larger side, so I freaked, but not to the extent I could have.
    DS born was 4.02kgs 8lb 14.5 oz. So really, a decent size bubba, but nothing Huge at all!
    I had no trouble having him.

Good luck

I am going to scream it from the screen DON"T TAKE TOO MUCH NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DD4 was going to be HUGE an she was 6lb something. My DD7months who was born at 28 weeks was "at least 1.2kg on u/s and she was only 815grams (that may seem like a small difference but it means huge amounts with one so tiny)

Nod your head, smile and remind yourself that it is very very unlikely with a healthy Mama and baby to grow a baby that is too big for your body to birth.

Wishing you a beautiful birth

I was told my daughter was going to be at least a 9lb maybe 10lb, she was born 7lb 6oz by vaginal birth. One of my girlfriends gave birth to her son naturally 3 months ago he was 10lb 11oz at 41.5 weeks, she had no problems. I wouldn't be worried about the weight of the baby, most birth dramas are in relation to the babies position.
    :goodluck2:Best of Luck with your upcoming birth!
    Snoopea

I recently had my 34 week U/S and they told me he was 2.3kgs already and i thought Hmmm ok. They reckon he is going to be about 9 Pounds.... BUT i dont mind. I thought my 8lb3.5oz baby was a better birth than my 7lb7oz baby, the bigger they are the better they help.
    Plus i dont think you could ever not be able to birth your baby, your body knows what you can handle!!
    Goodluck with the birth..

Default Thanks everybody!

Thanks for the all replies. I am OK about it now! I guess I put to much faith in technology!

Hayley

just wanted to second the inaccuracies of ultrasounds for sizing.
    i was told ds was 7lbs7oz and he came out (vaginally) at 10lbs3oz.