Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the First Trimester May 07

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful day today is!!!! Go follies go, go follies go, gooooooo follies!!!!!!!!

This is the start of wonerful things Lynn.

But do remember to breathe! We need you to breathe!!!!!!

Yay Lynn That is great!!

I will come in later and say hi, I am meant to be working - well for another 15 minutes at least. I just wanted to congratulate Lynn - oh and Hope

That is fantastic news Lynn!!!!! Come on Hope do your thing!!Just so excited for you. Take care and yes do Breathe....haha

WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO WHOO HOO

Those levels are absolutely senstation Lynn. I knew Hope would pull through. I am glad to hear that you are feeling so positive. Considering your cycles are usually so long, it is great that the levels are that high already. I think that Cooper was giving Mummy an early Mother's day pressent.

Deb: Ok another Whoo Hoo for you, I know it is weird saying I am happy that you almost spewed but I am sure YKWIM. I hope that those symptoms keep getting stonger. Yay 6 weeks tomorrow. That deserves a happy

Mel: People like the lady at your work restore my faith in the kindness of strangers. What an emotional time but also a lovely thing for her to do to take time out of her day to talk to you about how you are. I am glad the kiddies are going home and you will have tomorrow to yourself, I hope you are ok.

Tess: I am not sure if 6DPO is too early but hey, if you feel different to how you usually do at this stage in your cycle then it has to be a good sign. I am sending as much I can your way.

Bailey: if you are at CD 24 then the countdown is on to HPT-a-thon. I hope so much that you get your BFP this month.. LOL about DH thinking he is a stud. How have you been feeling otherwise? I know you were having a bit of a rough time recently so I hope that you are feeling a bit better. Oh and a really belated birthday babe for while you were away. Thinking you could hid it from the BB detectives Tsk tsk.

Well DH and I have had a nice day. It got off to a rough start though. We went to the shops this morning and I broke down into tears whilst trying to chose which flavour jam I wanted. As I was walking into Woolies I saw all the Mother's days flowers and I made it to the Jam isle before losing it. DH gave me a big cuddle and just let me cry. I was very embarassed but he kept saying just ignore everyone babe, it is just you and me here. I got myself together and we got what we needed and promptly left. Oh and for the record we got Fruits of the Forrest Jam (lol)

Other than that we have been curled up watching DVD's. Just took the dogs for a walk and I am about to have Apricot Chicken that has been in the slow cooker all day for Dinner. I think that I have been so upset in the lead up to Mother's day that I will have cried all my tears by tomorrow.

Oh well, I got in here and got all the good news including Lynn's results and I feel a million times better.

I'll pop in later to catch up quickly.

Big love and Hugs to all.

Lv Spring

PS Lil' Spring was having a ball today. Moving around like a real little acrobat. DH should be able to feel bub soon which will be great. Once again, thanks for helping over the last few days, I felt like I was losing the plot but I am so happy to have your girls pulling me through.

Hi Everybody
    (you all chime in"Hi Dr Nick!) - Sorry, bad Simpsons joke!

Lynn - Are you too busy in bed to join us? I hope so!

Spring - Jam choices are often hard to make. Are you OK? I didn't think that I would feel so down about mothers day as I do. I remember the feeling at christmas time, doing all the chrissy shopping and trying to be happy and all I could see was little babies everywhere and baby stuff and I felt like [email protected] That's kind of how I have felt about mothers day. Your hunky DH sounds like such a fantastic guy, you two are so lucky to have eachother. Lil Spring, give your mum a big kick for me. Not really sure if I will be testing soon, I have been doing the OPK's for nearly 2 weeks and they are still not giving me a positive. Oh well, I guess more BDing is on the cards for me

Tommysmum - Yep, I'll be coming on wednesday, it seemed to come around really quick. I am really looking forward to going. Glad to hear you are feeling so sick I know it feels like it's been going slow, but you are already a quarter of the way there so when you look at it that way, it's not so bad.

Flowerchild - Glad to hear that bub's is giving you a hard time...I mean that in the nicest possible way of course. We will have to come up with a nickname for your little one.

Tess - Have you given in to temptation and tested yet? Or are you going to go against everything I have learnt from this thread and wait a sensiblw amout of time before you test? Lol, you would be the only one. Good Luck!

Mel - I was just thinking, when is your FS appointment, is that next week or have I missed it completely? Ouch on the comment from your superviser....I wouldn't have known what to say. I had one of those comments on thursday from a rep through work that I hadn't seen since I left on maternity leave last year she said "Hope you have a nice peaceful mothers day, though that would be impossible with two now wouldn't it?" Well, um no, actually.......and you guys all know the rest. Poor bugger, I think I probably ruined her whole week. Lol, ha ha. Hey, when are you going to come up to Sydney for a weekend? We should all plan a weekend, and I can book a hotel in the city and we can all do dinner and have a slumber party....ooh, that sounds fun!

Hello to everyone else....where are you all??

Well, I am on about day ten million of my cycle and still no positive on a OPK.
    I am hoping I will still Ovulate and for some reason OPK's don't work for me....does anyone know if that is possible?? I would hate to think I have been having all this sex for no reason. Lol - jus kidding, poor DH.

Just wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to all if you wonderful Mums. I know that tommorrow will be a sad one for us all, but we are all still mums and so it is still our day.
    I hope you all have a nice day

~ HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU ALL ~

On this day we remember, when others may forget;
    We are still mothers, though our children are at rest;
    Our job is one of the hardest, others cannot understand;
    But we will get through today, holding each others hand.

Love to everyone,

Mel

"A Mother’s Love cannot be measured
    by increments of time …an entire lifetime
    of love can be squeezed into a few brief
    miraculous moments when necessary…."

To all of my treasured friends and your angel babies, Happy Mother's day.

With love and friendship.
    Spring

Hey guys
    Just checking up you all. How did everyone do today? I was a little sadder than I expected. I am not usually into the 'hallmark holidays' as I call them. But I think that this one was harder than I thought. Though hubby got me a winter coat that I had my eyes on, and it was a complete surprise cos last week I told him I do NOT want anything for mothers day. Other than that we just hung around at home. Still no positive on the OPK though.

Hello ladies

Wishing you all a happy mothers day - i know it has been hard today but our babies are looking down on us sending us all lots of kisses and cuddles.

Those poems are beautiful too, just lovely.

Personally i had a nice day spending it with family down at a park in Coogee. Only one friend last night said "i will be thinking of you tomorrow". Wow - but that was it. The family that i saw today were all those at xmas (the day Tommy died) and they were the only ones at the funeral. I haven't seen most of them since then and nothing was said.

I got a card (and small pressie - i am not into all this stuff really) from DH and DD and i did hope that it would say Love from....DD and Tommy but it was just from DD. I did hope that Tommy would have been mentioned but i guess then that it may have to set a precedent for everything (b'days, xmas etc)...so that is ok.

Thinking of you all today !

XX Tommysmum
    Last edited by tommysmum; May 13th, 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Lynn - so glad that your levels are going up - you must be so excited - that is a fantastic Mothers Day present for you - i am soooo happy for you. Finally some good results - it is so good to hear something positive around here hey - and i think it is going to spread to the other mums here very soon.....get bedding girls !

Hi Tommysmum - thank you for your post, you did not upset me. It is wonderful to hear that your friends baby survived at 25wks - they are so fragile at that stage it is such good news. We have not been to see anyone else about what happened - the doctor we spoke to 6wks after the event said he had no idea what happened but if/when we get pregnant again we are to see him asap as he will monitor me fortnightly (I think he meant my cervix - via u/s.) I have read up a bit about incompetent cervix and a stitch or 'cerclage' can be put in at about 16wks - but it seems to be that the way to find out if you need the stitch is to be monitored and if the cervix starts opening early they put one in (or after a second preterm). We are going to wait and see what happens if/when we get pregnant again. It may have been stress or something else too.

We did not have an autopsy as at the time we felt that as Thomas was alive pre birth it was not him that was the cause and we did not want him to go through an autopsy. Sounds silly now but at the time when all this happens so unexpectedly decisions are made quickly and not always sensibly.

Lynn - those levels are fantastic I am sure this is the start of good things for you too.

Flowerchild - I am sure you are right about the symptoms - my problem is that I do not know what a 'normal' cycle is as I have PCOS and my cycles are very different every time. The only reason I think this cycle is different is that my last one was 28days and the last time that happened I got pregnant the next cycle around. (Hope that makes sense) Still feeling very tired and nipples are very sensitive - I am sure it is just a lead up to my period as my moods have been vile these last two days - poor DH.

Bailey - I am going to try to wait until at least 12DPO (next Wednesday) at least before I try a test. Will let you know.

Well I have to go as my MIL is on the phone and wants to talk to me - will catch up with the rest of you later.
    T.
    Last edited by Tess; May 13th, 2007 at 06:57 PM.

Happy Mother's Day to all you special women. You are all beautiful, wonderful mothers. I hope today was ok and you got through the day without to many tears.

Hi everyone,

I hope you all got through yesterday ok. I was thinking of every one of you and your angels. I lit a candle last night for all of us and our angels.

I was just wondering how everyone spent the day and if you received anything special.

I spent the day in my trackies under a blanket in front of the TV. We had 6 videos to get through! I saw my mum on Saturday which she had suggested so that I could do whatever I wanted on Sunday which was a nice thought. My mum came over yesterday to wish me a happy mothers day and gave me a Chrysanthemum plant which is Cooper's flower (for November). I told DH that I didn't want anything but he got me a card. He said that he sat with it for over an hour trying to work out what to write and everything that came to mind just didn't seem right so he let the card say everything and just wrote Love Cooper. My MIL gave me a beautiful card and a beautiful gift. A friend from the S&K group shared a quote with me "Where are you going we asked, To dance amongst the stars he smiled". It is just beautiful and I shared it with my MIL. It reminded her of a tape recording that she has when DH was 3 singing twinkle, twinkle little star. He didn't know all of the words and he says "Trinkle, trinkle rittle star, can you come and dance with me" She gave me the recording and called it a song for Cooper. On her card she said that she had found a little song that Cooper's daddy sang so many years ago and it seems so special now that Cooper is dancing with the stars. It is so cute and precious. DH and I cried when we heard it and it made us realise that we would never teach Cooper nursery rhymes, but it was still a beautiful gift.

I hope today everyone can find a smile

Oh Lynn,
    That is so beautiful your card from Cooper. And Dh's song, how cute. I was ok yesterday, but worse than I thought I would be. I cannot stop thinking about Chris's (confusedegg) family and what a hard day mothers day must have been for them. It is just not fair is it? I hope you are feeling good today and that Hope is getting ready for the big week ahead of her. Are you going to the S&K meeting on wednesday? I hope to see you there.
    Kel

Hey Bailey,

I was absolutely devastated to hear about Chris. It isn't fair is it, it is just so cruel. I'm sorry that you had a difficult day yesterday. It is just so hard isn't it.

I am ok today, not feeling very well. Not sure why but feel like I am going to be sick. Maybe I am just nervous about the results today.

Yes I think I will go to the S&K meeting. Are you going?

Hi everyone,
    What a blanket of sadness that is around us all with the death of Chris. I find it hard to get my head around this... It seems so unreal. LIttle William will never know his beautiful Mama that fought such a brave and courageous journey to bring him into this world. She will be playing at last with her two Angel daughters...
    Fly gently dear Chris...

Lynn:
    Your post made me cry so hard... That beautiful song... What a special, special family you have... :hugs: I know yesterday was very hard. I think Cooper has sent a special gift for you and that your results will be wonderful my love... I am thinking of you very much today...

Tommysmum:
    I am glad you had a nice day at Coogee and I am so sorry that Tommy wasn't mentioned... People can find things so hard to cope with sometimes and it hurts... I am sorry...

Bailey: Yay on the winter coat... I am glad you got thru Mother's Day... :hugs:

Tess, Mel and Spring big hugs for yesterday...

I had a beautiful day and was very spoilt - more spoilt than I have ever been on Mother's Day. DH said I deserve it (and of course he is right! ). It's been a tough couple of years... But I kept rubbing my belly yesterday and hoping and praying that this baby is okay and will stay... We took the kids to see "Meet the Robinson's" which traumatised DS6 who couldn't cope with the orphan factor and traumatised DD3 who can't cope with loud noises! Not a great success! We had a lovely lunch and then I went shopping for some new clothes... Very spoilt. My DH brought me a gorgeous native tree to plant to remind me of the new life growing inside me. Blueberry Ash - it's native to our area and is one of my favourites...

I will pop back later....

hello all,
    Well, yesterday was not too bad for me, although I had DH & the kids working very hard to keep my mind off things!
    The present i recieved was beautiful, a garnet ring (Storms birthstone) I love it!

It seems i need to put off ttc for a month or so as my iron levels have fallen very low, so I think I'll try and build them up a bit first!
    How is everyone else!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast