Thread: Am I VBAC candidate??

Question Am I VBAC candidate??

I Know this seems like a silly question and I will ask my dr aswell but there's so much info to be gained on this site! In Feb 07 I had an ophrectomy (I think that's what they call it?- ovary removed) which I have a scar similar to a csect scar and afterwards was the same recovery instructions.

Now that we're expecting I am wondering am I still able to give birth naturally as though the op was never done or has the op meant I have to find Vbac Ob? Nothing was mentioned at the time of the operation but it wasn't planned and I didn't really think to ask.

I appreciate any responses! Thanks in advance

emmalou, I'm not sure I would think that because it wasn't surgery on the uterus it shouldn't be so much of a problem, but I'm not sure about ophrectomy & what exactly is involved.

The worries about VBAC is the uterine scar, so the strength of the it. Did your surgery involve the uterus? If so, than I would say you would be at the same risk??? But honestly I don't know.

As far as I know it was just the ovary and fall. tube. I wasn't aware it was about the uterine lining I was more thinking about the muscle and tissue they cut through (which seems to have healed well anyway)

Sounds positive, I really don't want to have csect! Thanks so much christy!!