Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breech Baby at 34 weeks

oh trish! I never meant that you were pushing anything on your SIL. I'm so sorry if you got that impression. I think what you are doing for Shorty is awesome, to have someone who cares for you, and will take this journey with you at a time when Shorty is emotional and you are able to take a step back and look at the facts and support her through is such a blessing for her. To find out all this info for her, when her brain is probably turning to mush is such a great thing to do for someone. I meant, don't let the doctor or hospital push anything on her (not you!) so it's her decision.
    It's so true what you said about C/s affecting all your other births, I never knew that until I found bellybelly.
    And you've had experience with a C/s so you are the best support ever, you really know what you are talking about. Plus if waterbirth is the way to go, you also have practical experience there. You go girl!
    (hope I didn't cause you too much angst at a time that is probably very angsty as it is)
    BTW, is that a new pic of Tehya? She is SO cute.

LOL Sorry Nickel, again a problem with written word hey

Unfortunately for Simone the hosp she is going to does not support waterbirths. What a shame for her.

Hoping that Simone is informed enough to make a decision she is happy with. After our talk this afternoon it would seem that she is on the way to it Don't worry I won't let anyone push anything unwanted onto Simone. They will hear me yelling at them.

Yup new pic of Tehya. Little feral head with her crazy morning hair.

Gorgeous pic of Ruby too. She's such a little sweety. Wow I can't believe she is 7 months old already. Goes fast hey.

Just an update on me and bubs.....

He has been a very good boy and he turned for me, YAY!!!!! Unfortunately he isn't 'engaged' as yet, but ill be doing heaps of the pelvic tilt exercises and walking to help get him down, and STAY down...

Heres hoping he does

Simone xxx

Simone thats great!

Was great to see my little nephew finally find his way down south. Here's hoping he stays there and get's himself nice and deep into that pelvis.

Must have been all the stern talks by Aunty Trish to get him down

YAY we didn't have to fight with Dr's today. Shame Simone had the same cow midwife from lasttime though, and looks to be stuck with her for all visits unless she calls and asks for another.

If you dont mind me asking, what do u think made the difference in getting bub to turn. I'm positive my bub has turned breech since around Thur, but even after speaking with my obgyn today over phone (he just returned from 2wks hols), he's not seeing ANY patients today nor tomorrow & my apmt is on Fri, so I have to sit & think all sorts of things until then. It's driving me crazy already. I asked what I could do to entice bub to turn, he said bum up, shoulders/head down trick for 5-10mins b4 bed to make bub fall out of pelvis to allow for turning. I asked bout vaginal breech birth, he said 1 in 80 chance at complication. Not taking this too well but i know that i have to do whats best for bub.

Hi Shell,
    Dont stress too much about bubs being breech. Logan was breech till 36weeks, so bubs still has time to turn. I was told to do the head down and bum up, i did that nearly every night and i also tired acupuncture and moxybustion. Im pretty sure it was one of the two that worked but i couldnt really tell when he turned.

I was also booked in for a manual turning of Logan, where the doctors turn the baby from the outside of the stomach(but he turned before then). If that hadnt have worked i was willing to do a breech birth(if i could find a doctor that would deliver), as i would have preferred that over a c-section.

Here is a link to good reading for breech births-

www.spinningbabies.com

HTH, Simone
    Last edited by Shannon; July 16th, 2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: removing unauthorised links

Must be something about Logan's liking the breech position. My Logan was reech from 26weeks and would not budge despite all attempts wih acupuncture, positioning etc.
    I was determined not to have c-sec unless absolutely necessary and changed OB's plus hospitals to gain support for vaginal delivery. Best decision I ever made! Logan came out butt first with no complications at all. OB said it was an easier birth than many head down presentations. There are risks with all births no matter how baby is positioned. I think there is far to much "scare" tactics simply because many OBs just haven't the confidence/skill at delivering a non "perfectly positioned" baby.
    Shell, I would defnitely not give up hope that your bub WILL turn as the majority do seem to, even if at the last minute. I think booking women in for elective c-secs at 38 weeks is just crazy. Even if you were not keen to try for vaginal delivery then there really is very little risk in letting labour start spontaneously and go for c-section then. At least the baby has had every opportunity to turn and is definitely ready to be born.
    I could rampble on and on about this for ages but will stop short now because it just gets me really frustrated!!

Yep - my little darling got stuck with his head between my ribs and the placenta and would not budge (actually - could not budge) despite positioning, acupuncture, moxibustion and ECV. We went into labour spontaneously, trialled a vaginal breech birth and got to 6cm before foetal distress resulted in an emergency c-section.

Oscar chose his own birthday, was ready to be born and had every opportunity to turn. Wasn't meant to be but the chance for a vaginal delivery and a spontaneous labour was what was important - as well as his successful and safe delivery.

False alarm ladies, she is still head down after all, hehe, oops. thnx for the info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123