Thread: Do I have ANY chance of a vba3c at a public hosp in South East Q???

Default Do I have ANY chance of a vba3c at a public hosp in South East Q???

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if I have ANY chance at all of having a VBA3C in the public system in south east queesnland??. Are there any hospitals that anyone would recommend?? Im not pregnant yet, but we are trying. 1st c/s was emergency due to failure to progress and last two were regretfully elective. So in my own mind, I should be able to birth a baby!. Last c/s was almost 3 years ago...

Shame you're not going private, cos Selangor is the MOST supportive of VBAC's.

I've heard Nambour General isn't very supportive though - if that helps.

Yeah I should have got private health insurance 4 months ago when we started trying Any good brissy hospitals?

YOu can still get private health insurance now - they pay a percentage of the hospital fees depending on how long you have been a member... and who knows - you might not get pregnant for 3 months... (I hope not, but you know what I mean!!)

Sorry to crash the thread.

I am interested in having VBA2C but unfortunately Selangor is too far for me as I am on the Gold Coast, any recommendations either public or private for VBA2C

People will travel, do travel & are travelling from the GC to birth at Selangor. So it's possible!

I am sorry to be the voice of reason but a vbac3 with Qld Health would be highly unlikely. However, your best bet is Caboolture. You will need an advocate that is strong and very knowledgeable to be with you.

Have you thought of Selangor & just pay? It would possibly be about $3K for the hospital & about that for the obs but you will get a large portion of that back on medicare. I can recommend you an ace obs...