Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Mel Go!!

Mel, apparently Oskar's head was still up high when I got to the hossy in labour! Although I think that had something to do with my waters not breaking and apparently they were bulging and in front of him so he wasn't descending??

Anyway... V I S U A L I S E honey.... baby coming down and out ...you know the drill Then get hubby to do ya baby...rofl - how romantic - if you're anything like me atm there's no fun in DTD anyway. Ummmm walk up and down stairs? Lean on the bench and move your hips in circular motion. Ummmm... will get back to you if I think of anything else!

How have you been feeling?? A little weird or anything or just completely normal?

Cass - feeling so completely normal it should be embarrassing..

I did go to the toilet before for a bit of a loose motion.. but nothing since... dang it!!!!! Definitely have to get the fit ball out...

walking up and down stairs.. hmmm.. sounds a hell of a lot like exercise.. LOL

Hiya Mel - no BB at work darn it so am just catching up on all the useful and amusing advice you have been given today! I'm not gonna say anything coz I know you must be bouncing, DTD'ing, currying, fitballing and walking stairs like crazy!! Although - acupuncture yet??

Come on little Rabbit, we are all hanging out to hear about you! Fashionably late is one thing but making mummy wait too long is just darn cheeky!!!!!!!!!!

Swimming Breaststroke with the "frog leg kicks" is suppsed to help with opening the pelvis so bub can descend. Yep, the leaning forward and circular hip movements is also a good one. Movement in general is a good idea. Have a look at Optimal fetal positioning (if you haven't already).

And don't worry about not feeling any niggles. I didn't loose my plug or have any labour signs until 12 hours before Maya popped out. Then it was all on for young and old...
    Cass, Maya was fully descended at the beginning of labour. But my waters didn't break until she was crowning. I could actually feel her head coming out and reached down but what I felt was the amniotic sac covering her pretty head. I distinctly remember the pop when my waters broke and I think it was only about 10 minutes later that her head was out.

Saša

Oh, and if you on't like curry, how about Penne Arrabiata?
    Or chicken with Peri Peri seasoning?
    Or a Chili Con Carne?
    Corn Chips with a spicy Salsa?

Geez I don't even know how to pronounce half those things let alone know what they are.. pmsl..
    I just got off the fit ball... hmmm... had a BH when I was on there... but thats all...

Circular hip movements ay... well... I should put on some music and pretend that I'm dancing or something really cool...

Oh and Tan - nope no acupuncture yet. I'm trying the "free" things in life first.. supposed to be the best things aren't they.. hehe

Hi mel - I'm hoping that your little bambino is in your arms and no longer in your belly by the time I get back. Please text me anyway, if something does happen before now and then. Have you tried the Evening Primrose Oil thingeys??

Sending you all the girl power I can muster - but remember at the end of the day if nothing goes as planned, as long as she and you are A-OK that is all that matters. Looking forward to catching up with you when I get home. Love and hugs.

thats it....Im bringing the olive oil and extra large BBQ tongs to get her out! Who's got a baseball glove to catch her with?????

O P E N W I D E B A B E

**** Maz... nearly spat out my soup... PMSL.... ahhh you are sooo funny....
    Vicky - yup I'll let you know when she sticks her head out - whether it be out the window or the sliding door..

Mel, Get donw on your hands and knees and play with Aircyn. The day I went into labour with Em, Sarah was a bit out of sorts, REALLY clingy, more than usual. Aircyn will know when you are in labour before you do!

I've been down on the ground today with him, haven't crawled around though.. might have to start... thanks Ali

Oh dear, I know I am incredibly late wanting to join this bandwagon now (is there any room left anyway?) lucky for me rabbit's late too.
    Mel, I'm another that just wants to wish you all the very best

Sasa... I don't really remember much about why he may have been still a bit high up, just that they broke my waters cos he was in distress and they had to get him out. So I guess that the waters may have broken on their own if he'd been ok.

Maz... that was too funny! Think of some more things like that, maybe we can get Mel to laugh this baby out! We have a dyson, maybe that will help bahahaha

Thanks Rachel, thats very kind of you.

Everyone's support means so much to me, and I know that I'll be feeling all the supportive vibes from everyone when I EVENTUALLY go into labour...

Cass - I have a dyson too... don't think I want to think about it going where YOU are thinking about it going. I've already agreed to shag.. isnt' that enough punishment... LOL

Mel, do you have a time limit?? How many days are your carers going to let you go over??

I'm with Tanstar - try some acupuncture.

Hot curries didn't work for me, but I was trying for early and DD arrived 40+1 .....

Quote Originally Posted by Gudism View Post
    I've already agreed to shag.. isnt' that enough punishment... LOL
    pmsl, yep sure is! Oh.... just remembered another thing. Get DH to massage around your little toe and just below it as well, accupressure point If you can while he's doing that visualise and go through affirmations. BTW - things with me started at 12:30am and he was born 3:58am same morning, so it can happen quite fast without warning! I didn't have any show or waters breaking. Go get busy girlfriend!

Sam - my OB said 10 - 14 days. So if I'm still here next Tuesday, she will examine me to see if my cervix is favourable for a S & S - see if that works since I can't be induced. I would guess that 4 days after that would be c-section day.

Cass - I might looking up some stuff on the net for points to press. I think DH is sick of everyone emailing him at work asking if I've had the baby yet. YES.. HE'S SICK OF IT. pffft...

Definitely accupuncture! I went to accupuncture when pg with Emily. It was great, and I believe it helped bring on the labour. I needed 2 sessions, but you may need more as bub is still quite high. Emily had already started engaging by the time I started going.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast