Thread: How many VBAC's can you have?

Default How many VBAC's can you have?

I've just found out I'm pregnant for the fourth time. My first I had an emergency c/s as the baby was breech. My last two were successful VBACs. Can I hope to have another VBAC? Does anyone know if there is a "limit" on how many you can have and are there any additional risks with having 3 VBACs. Can someone help me please?

kazplustwo Guest

Congrats on being pregnant again! As far as I know there would be no reason not to have another VBAC. I don't know of any research that backs that up - personally I doubt any has been done. But your scar will only get stronger as more time passes since the original c-section I would think. All the reasons why a VBAC is better would still apply I would think. Again no data to back that up though. Sorry. Maybe try emailing an independent midwife - they may be able to refer you to some data that I would not know of. Hope all goes well.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It only gets more risky with the more c/s you have had, two VBACs - wow what an achievement Well done.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi Jo
    Congratulations on your pregnancy
    There is no limit on how many VBAC's you can have. Your CS scar gets stronger as the years pass

Thanks for the replies guys. When I rang the hospital the midwife laughed and said "well if you've already done it twice you can probably do it yourself this time". So heres hoping everything in the pregnancy goes well and I can VBAC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo+3 View Post
    I've just found out I'm pregnant for the fourth time. My first I had an emergency c/s as the baby was breech. My last two were successful VBACs. Can I hope to have another VBAC? Does anyone know if there is a "limit" on how many you can have and are there any additional risks with having 3 VBACs. Can someone help me please?

congrats on your pregnancy

Im also pregnant on my 4th and i had a c section on my first he went in to fetal distress but i have had two VBACS so this will be my third as far as i know there is no limit but to be honest i never thought about it before

Hi Jo i can tell you i have had 4 successful VB's after one c-sec with absolutley no worries what so ever!

However my challenge now is to get a vba2c! I had to have a c-sec last pg as bub was breech. Now i have unexpected PG due in 4wks and i really want to have a VB!!!