Thread: I did it!! VBAC2

Default I did it!! VBAC2

Ok the story starts Wednesday 13th Feb, the day before my due date, when I had my check up. The Dr did a stretch and sweep and told me to cancel my c-section I was not going to need it. I was 1cm dilated and very stretchable apparently.

I was a bit crampy all day but nothing unusual to me. At 1am I needed to wee and noticed some light contractions. At 2am I put my TENS machine on because they were getting stronger. I slept a bit on and off
    At 4am I used contraction master to time them but they were anywhere from 5mins to 1min to 3min to 7 mins......in other words completely NOT regular. I went back to bed but was having trouble sleeping through them and the TENS was starting to not work as well. The contractions were still not regular but at 5am I got Scott to ring them and tell the hospital the contractions were 5mins apart and we were coming in it was just a little white lie but I am so glad I did lie because I was 6-7cm dilated when we arrived.
    The monitor was put on because I was VBACx2ing I "had" to be continuously monitored (I didn't mind I was comfortable enough on the bed). This of course showed the contractions were all over the place. The midwife told me it was probably just because I changed locations and they would get back into a rhythm soon. I just smiled and nodded looking slyly at Scott.
    The plan was to brake my waters at 9am if the contractions didn't pick back up. The midwife brought me breakfast at about 8am I realise now I was in the resting phase because I ate a piece of toast and the contractions were almost "mild".
    20 mins later they hit again in a BIG way wow I was floored by how strong they became so suddenly. Scott ran out to get the midwife (who thought I had hours left) and she found I was fully dilated and already pushing. It was action stations from there and all a blur to me because I kept almost passing out. Scott was cooling me down with ice chips and the midwife was barking some order or other at me to push like I needed to poo???? I just let my body do it's job. It was only the last few pushes I really focused and physically put some effort into actually pushing.
    I have never felt anything like it. I screamed like you would not believe but 20 mins later Quinn was on my tummy and I was in a state of shock..... wasn't I just eating breakfast?

Quinn came out looking to the left instead of face down, he had a perfect shape HUGE head 37cm!!!!.
    He was 52cm long and 3980gms or 8lbs 12oz so my smallest..... THANKFULLY lol.

I think that is everything.... oh I did tear....not fun! but I knew I would.

So to anyone out there thinking of VBACing all I can say is if I can do it (the biggest whoose in the world) then ANYONE can do it. I only used the TENS machine and a shot of morphine at 6-7cm to get me through.

Good luck to everyone else planning a VBAC

Melissa

WOW!! Congratulations.. you are an inspiration to me - i'm going for a VBAC on this one... thank you for your lovely story - brings tears to my eyes!!!!!! Well done

WTG! Awesome work! Just goes to show it can be done hey?

Isn't it the most amazing feeling? I'm coming up to 2 yrs since my VBAC and everytime I hear about a birth it brings me back to my special moment.

Congratulations and enjoy your babymoon with baby Quinn, welcome to the world little man!

Congratulations you must be so over the moon and proud of yourself right now

Welcome to the world little Quinn (love the name)

WOOHOOOO!! Well done

Melissa, that's fantastic! What a wonderful story. I'm hoping for a VBAC with my next pregnancy. Bring on all the positive VBAC stories, I say . . .

Fabulous story! Quinn is a stunner - well done xoxooxox

Mel, well done hun!! It's so exciting isn't it! I think your little man is absolutely gorgeous

oh and on the "push like you need to poo"... I remember my midwife saying the same thing...lol... right after I said "I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!"...LOL.

thats awesome news. I am thrilled you got the birth you wanted.
    I am hanging out for 30 week app so I can find out if they will let me attempt VBAC, fingers crossed.

You certainly have made me hopeful that its possible though