Thread: I'm going to try for a VBAC!!!

Default I'm going to try for a VBAC!!!

I went to my new OB today. I decided to change as I had heard so many great things about her. There are only 3 choices of OBs in Taree.

Anyway, we went through my history with Em & why I had they C/S. I said that I feel disappointed at having a C/S, especially as I went into labour naturally & I always wonder how close I really was. She went on to say that she would have tried to talk me out of a C/S. She said the pressure of p/g in general is a huge strain on the hemmies, & I may have only had to push for 10 or 20 minutes. Anyway, as we went on, I said I'd like to try for a VBAC. I could see that she was pleased. We talked about it all & she thinks my chances of a successful VBAC are great because there was no obstectric reason behind my C/S last time! I can't believe it!

TBH I don't think I realised how much I had weighing on my shoulders WRT having another C/S. I had just accepted it & tried not to think about it. My disappointment from last time was higher than I let myself believe.

So I am still in shock & amazed that I might get to deliver this baby naturally. I am over the moon. And if I don't, well I'll give it my damned best shot!!

The one sour note of all this is the way I'm feeling about my old OB. I feel cheated that he was so keen to book me in for the C/S. He was on the phone booking me in for it before I'd even finished explaining my reason. So I feel really disappointed that I didn't see this OB last time, because if I had, I know things would be different....

Good on you Linda. Its amazing what a supportive OB can do to help you through decision making. Goodluck ....I hope to see you over in the August 16th - 31st Belly Buddies forum soon.

Jac

Good for you Linda! I had a VBAC for my third (CSec for my second). You've got a great attitude towards it, it was what I wanted and just to try was good enough for me and I got it!

Fingers crossed you will too!

mrmoo Guest

Good on you, Linda, for taking charge of your delivery. Some OB's are very gung-ho about c-sect that it's more like *in their ear and out the other* when you talk to them about your wishes. Stay strong and focused on your decision because you and your baby deserve this.

Let Your birthing Goddess Roar!
    Last edited by mrmoo; March 21st, 2007 at 04:40 PM.

Congratulations on your decision Linda. How exciting!

That's fantastic Linda! All the best

Aaww thanks girls!!

I'm one very excited Mummy today! I'm really feeling like I can do this. I am scared/nervous (already LOL) but most of all feeling great.

Let Your birthing Goddess Roar!
    - Roar!! LOL

you go, Linda! Sounds awesome