Thread: natural after ceaser???

susan PB Guest

Default natural after ceaser???

Hi Just wondering if any one has ahad a natural delivery after a c-section. Were you induced? Were there any other complications involved? I am getting a bit worried as i had my first naturally no drugs my 2nd by c-section due to him being breech and folded in half and i hated the whole experience so i am hoping for a natural delivery this time but my hospital drs and midwives are not giving me much info. All they have told me is i will get a drip put in that's all. I cant go to my old hospital due to my BMI which is stressing me out more :mad: so i have new doctors new hospital and new midwives who are not being helpful. Any info that any one can give me would be fantastic.
    thanks
    susan

Susan come join us in the EBAC/VBAC discussion group, there are quite a few in there who have had successful VBAC's (vaginal birth after caesareans). I am going to be having mine any day now

In the meantime, there are some really informative books out that can help. Like The Thinking Womans Guide to Childbirth and Silent Knife. Goodluck!

I agree with Christy, there are some great books out there that will help you be informed about having a VBAC. I think knowledge & lots of research are definately the key.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There was a study in 2000 which resulted in one mortality for a vaginal birth and one for a caesarean, related to the mode of delivery - so take your pick!!! The mortality rate is very low, your scar is strong, and I really encourage VBAC'ers to get some external support from a Doula or Private Midwife as trying for your VBAC can involve lots of pressure from the hospital system, so it helps to know your rights and options. Some Obs are VBAC supportive but some of them also have 'rules' you need to obide by, but the most important thing you need to know is a VBAC woman should be treated just like a normal birthing woman not having a VBAC.

Check out CANA, a newly formed birth after caesarean support group, birthrites, cares-sa - all great info and support.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Susan, have a read of my birth story! http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=24364

I saw OB yesterday (although I won't see her again as I'm transferring hospital), but she was really lovely. She said they'd have the needle in the hand ready for a drip if one is needed and that usually they won't induce with a VBAC. They monitor a little more closely and once in active labour if things aren't progressing or stop progressing within a reasonable amount of time then they'll talk to you about c/s. She said that if you allow your body to push rather than straining and "pushing" IYKWIM that it's better because it doesn't put strain on the scar. She was very helpful and happy for a VBAC.