Thread: no VBAC :(

Default no VBAC :(

hey guys..just went for my final doctors visit(as im 40 weeks on monday) they told me that i have to go back for checkup on monday to see if anything is happeining(eg my cervix is softish) if it isnt and there is no sign that i can go naturally i will be booked in for a ceza on wednesday i really dont want that to happen...just thought id share my feelings with everyone....

Oh i hope you can go before Wednesday then....is there no way u can ask for longer then Weds??

Good luck either way

Sorry I'm not sure of your story, but why would they do that? I don't understand why they would want to push you so soon, I had my daughter naturally 12 days post EDD as my VBAC, don't let them railroad you, you can take more time.

SamanthaP Guest

I agree with Christy. A caesar at 40+2? They're not really giving you a chance are they. Tasha it's not too late to change care providers if you really want the VBAC.

yeh i know..he said if i REALLY wanted to they would let me go another week which would be Xmas day they wont let me go past then definately,but the problem is my fiance is currently on holidays and he goes back on 29th and cant get any more time off...i dont want to get to xmas week and have to have a c-section anyway then i wont have him around to help me at all adn i already have a 3yro so i wont be easy...do u see what i mean? ahhhh so much going through my poor little head..lol

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I also agree with the above. Either you say no and get a good chance at VBAC or they will do what they please - or find someone else who will help you. How much do you want it?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Sweetie is a natural birth more important to you? If so, take control of "Your" wants and needs as after all this birth is about you and your baby right? If they told you to jump of the cliff it would be better for yu, would you do it? Of course you would't!!! So if natural really is what you want, make a stand on how you "Will" have your birth. Or are you wanting a c-section out of convenience for everyone else, time of year?

I brought a newborn home with a 2.5yo so I know what you mean BUT if you have a successful VBAC then you won't have such a long recovery time without lifting etc. I'm sure you know this but that would a big consideration if I was in your shoes. I hope you go into natural labour soon!

Oh yeah the recovery was so much easier with a VBAC than a c/s was...

ikwym hun. My last doctor tried to tell me they would only let me go a couple days over too, what a crock! isn't the whole reason they normally give 2 weeks because they can never be exactly certain of your real due date? too bad if they got the date off a bit and it was all unnecissary.
    Also with your fiance and work, if it were me and i had gona into labour after he went back to work he would be with me and we would work it out with work or the lack of money or w/e later. Surely they'd have to be understanding in some way, you're having a baby!