Thread: Posterior Placents and VBAC Q ??

Default Anterior Placents and VBAC Q ??

I had my 19 week us today we found out its a girl and that my placenta is in the front - its not covering my cervix

can you still try for VBAC with anterior plcenta and what are the risks.

Do i need to treat the pregnancy any differnet with this placenta positioning.

Last edited by meegm; June 10th, 2008 at 08:08 PM.

Do you mean Anterior Placenta? A posterior placenta is on the back wall of the uterus. So long as the placenta isn't covering the cervix then there is no reason for it to interferre with you having a VBAC - it is no different to any other vaginal birth in regards to where the placenta is I would have thought.

HA Yep i did i just changed that hehehehee

Quinn was a VBA2C I had an anterior placenta that was off to the left. Quinn presented transverse (Looking to the left) but he slide right out once he crowned so it was not a problem at all.
    It could lead to a posterior labour which is not fun but still doable! Just make sure you have a supportive team around you
    Good luck with everything

Melissa

my last labour he was Posterior and it ended in emergency c-sect - i owuldnt like that again the intense pain in my back was unbearable..... im hoping i dont have to go through that again....

Every labour is different so I am hoping you'll avoid that again.
    My first labour was the same, he was posterior and the contractions were all in my back I got to fully dilated but I kept passing out from the pain and could not push.
    With my second I didn't labour so this was my last chance to try as my Dr would not allow a VBA3C. I did get to the point I was going to pass out but my DH kept mopping me down with ice water and I got through (Quinn was transverse, looking left, so not as bad a posterior but still caused a lot of pressure on my spine)

Keep all your options open and do as much research as you can.

Melissa

meegm - My labour was posterior too and from about 28 weeks I will be doing all the optimal positioning stuff religiously to try and stop it happening again.
    Check out the spinning babies website to get some idea of whats involved. Good luck with it all!