Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Knife?

Default Silent Knife?

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask (but couldn't think of a more appropriate place).. just wondering if there is anyone out there in BB land who has a copy of Silent Knife that I could borrow to have a read of, and then send back? I'll pay postage both ways of course..
    Just thought I would put it out there - I don't really want to spend that amount of money on a book that I may only read once!!! lol

Thanks heaps

Mel, if you don't have any luck borrowing a copy from someone here, try your local library as well. Or if you do decide to buy it, the BellyBelly store sells it. GL, I hear it's very good.

Mel, I'd have to find mine first... I'll have a look around, I can't remember who I lent it to last

Thanks MR - I did an online search of my local library but they don't stock it...

Christy - if your house is anything like mine.. good luck mate... lol

Did you end up getting a copy Mel??? I want to read it too but can't afford the $$ at the moment with DH off work for a few weeks.

Tan, nah hon, didn't end up getting a copy

I'll have to imagine what is in there and go with that...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm setting up a library card for those who are BB Life Members. You can borrow anything from my extensive library in the Centre. Birth books are very expensive. I would also be open to shipping them interstate to Life Members, if they covered postage there and back, but will have more details soon
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kel - you really are a gem - you know that don't you! Could you maybe think about opening it to PMembers for a fee

Tan, I could go halves with you if you want and we share the book? Then if we both read it, and didn't want to keep it, sell it on ebay and split the money??

Only if you were interested of course!!

Let's do it hun. I'm really interested and I'm a fairly fast reader so will definately have enough time once you have had your fabulous VBAC! Looks like we will make our money back when we resell! Will pm you my details now!

The prob with offering to Plat Members too (as much as I would love to do that) would be that we'd have to keep track of who's current, who's expired, who needs to renew - would get messy. Yet with Life Members, they'll have a card and we'll just know that they are always going to be members without expiring and keeping things up to date. Much admin and behind the scenes work is involved with maintaining the member databases, renewals and expiries and chasing up payments, which is the reason why I stopped the program a year or so ago, but due to mass demand I brought it back. Kathryn helps me maintain it now and does a great job, but this is only one aspect to the work she does on BB and soon she'll be wanting to stop the program too
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kelly - I hope my order went through ok. Do you have an ETA on arrival for books? Just hoping to get it and read it before going into labour.. lol

Tan, just got an email saying that book has been shipped... hopefully I can read it in a day... LOL

Awwww hun what a bummer. You could read it in labour I guess!!! Luckily we will be able to resell it easily once we have finished with it!

Sorry hon missed your posts, dont get to hang in the forums as much as I used to. Best to email info@ if you need to get in touch...

We've had a huge rush for them, don't know why, was quiet for some time now everyone wants them, they are on backorder at the moment!
    Kelly xx

Girls, if I had noticed this thread earlier I would have said you could borrow my copy! Mel, you ain't gonna read it in a day I'm sorry to say - it is a fairly thick book and the print is very small. It's almost as if the publisher has photocopied the original book as the cover is in black and white and the print quality is not overly good. It's a good book though, but there is a fair bit of irrelevent stats re: birth in the USA but you could just bypass all the boring bits
    There is another book that I read recently called Better Birth. The authors are from the Aust College of Midwives. I found it to be really really good and QBD had it on sale for about $5 from $29.95

AWWWW bugger..... ahhh well..... I think this one is staying in.. and I'm a fast reader, so might get it done in two days... LOL
    And if not, I'll do Tan's suggestion and read it whilst in labour.... I'll try to skip to the important bits at the time....

Spice, do you mean 'Having a Great Birth in Australia?' They don't have one called better birth!
    Kelly xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast