Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stretch and sweep today waters to be broken on wednesday

Default stretch and sweep today waters to be broken on wednesday

Hi ladies

well i am 40 weeks + 2 days and am still hoping for my VBAC
    I am getting majorily uncomfortable at night with heartburn and would love to just meet our new little man.
    At app today I had stretch and sweep, was 3 cm dialated and cervix favourable. I am hoping this will put me into labour tonight or tomorrow.
    We have been booked for induction (break waters) on wednesday. They will allow me 6 hrs to start labour ( due to strep B). If labour has established then all set for VBAC. If nothing has established then I will be given a repeat c section that day.

Either way I will be holding little Liam by wednesday night, I cant wait.

I am a little anxious over whether breaking of the waters till kick start labour. This was how my labour started with previous preg however it was a spontaneous rupture.

Has anyone else had their waters broken for VBAC and been sucessfull? I would love to hear some positive stories.
    XX

Hi Deancy, how exciting that you will have your little bubba by wednesday at the latest.
    The fact that you are 3cm's dilated sounds very positive I've got my fingers crossed that you go into spontaneous labour before Wednesday.
    Best of luck, and let us know how you go!

paradise lost Guest

Hi Deancey!

I know several women who had AROM to begin their labours and especially those with anterior, softening, opening cervixes did very well (1 more cm and they might well have kept you in, contracting or not!). I myself was booked for AROM (i made them write "Does NOT consent to pitocin induction" on all my notes before agreeing) on EDD+14 but she came out of her on volition on EDD+11.

Your cervix sounds great, how is bubs position? I only ask because as you probably know sometimes labour isn't starting because bubs head is not well applied to the cervix because of a positional thing. For that reason alone i'd be cautious. Like if you KNOW bubs is a bit possie or something i'd try to stall the hospital for a day or two and spend those days scrubbing your floor in hands and knees position or walking up and down stairs. LOL, sounds great fun eh?

If you're perfectly happy with the plan that's brilliant but if you'd RATHER give bubs a few more days (full term really ISN'T until EDD+14, and there are no additional risks in waiting that long) i can think of a million ways to get it, from open honest insistence that you will have scans and monitoring but not AROM, to a "family crisis" that means you simply can't have the baby today unless you MUST because labour has begun on its own

I know one woman with 6 kids, the first 4 were induced around 40+4 to 40+10 (two were successful AROM inductions, but none were VBAC), and she thought she'd not go into labour naturally if "left" to it. Her last 2 she declined induction and they came at 40+12 and 40+13. None were over 9lbs, she just cooks 'em a bit slower than the majority.

Anyway this has been a big ramble. It's so hard to articulate when one isn't sure how the MUM feels about it. But i wanted to offer you hope because i know women who had good births from AROM inductions with such favourable cervixes, support should you want to wait off a few days and not submit to any intervention, since it DOES carry some risk with it, and encouragment all round for whatever you decide to do.

BEST of luck hun!

Bx
    Last edited by paradise lost; May 19th, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Just wanted to say all the best and i hope you get your VBAC!!

SamanthaP Guest

So they are inducing you at 40+5? They're not really giving you much time to go into labour on your own are they? Are you happy to go this route or would you rather wait another week or so? That seems like a very arbitrary time frame especially for someone who wants a VBAC.

Enchanted Guest

Just want to say all the best for your VBAC and I truly hope you achieve it.

Why not go for a fast paced walk, eat chilli... etc to try and get your body moving into labour?!

Best wishes! I didnt even know you were pregnant!!! Congrats! I cant wait to hear how your VBAC went!

Bel
    xxx

Deancy, any progress overnight???
    If still no progress by Wednesday you could always ask to wait a little longer. You could stall the hosp a little by getting a scan done to make sure your placenta is still functioning fine and if it is then there is no reason why you couldn't wait a little longer if that's what you really wanted.

well after an afternoon of lots of tears I can finally come and tell you that I am booked in for c section friday.I went into the day stay unit to be monitored, told they werent REAL contractions even though 10 mins apart for 2/5 hrs and still happening as I type but head was fully engaged. They then gave my details to doc to review before signing me out and thats when it all came crashing down......
    She said due to prev labour history and obstructed labour ( babies head being big ) that I only had 10-30% chance of sucessful VBAC not the 60-70% we were told initially. She also said that they wouldnt break my waters tomorrow, as prev midwife had said as I wasnt overdue enough, had to be atleast 41 weeks.
    After much anguish DH and I have decided to go with elective c section as we dont want to go thru full labour and pusing only to end up with c section again. If I go into labour before friday ( which i think i will as I am still having these pains every 10 mins) then I will go to hospital and they will do c section as emergency however I wont have had to labour all night and attempt to push.
    I am upset but as I stated to the others, at the end of the day it really doesnt matter how they come out just that they are healthy so NOW we will have Liam by Friday at the latest.

SO good luck everyone else with their VBACs my journey didnt end up as planned.

Oh Tracey babe.

Babies health is the most important ( as we all know) well done for at least... trying VBAC.. or at least thinking of it.. some jsut go c-sec wihtout even thinking twice of VBAC!!

Cant wait to see pics!!

I think the big thing here is that you have made an informed decision... be empowered by that. You are a birthing wonderwoman just by the control you have taken. All the best for a wonderful birth and meeting your new baby!

Deancy, best of luck for Friday if not before!
    There are lots of little things you can do to help make your caesar experience more special. to you and can't wait to see the birth announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by ren View Post
    I think the big thing here is that you have made an informed decision... be empowered by that. You are a birthing wonderwoman just by the control you have taken. All the best for a wonderful birth and meeting your new baby!
    Great post Ren, I agree. Do not feel bad deancy, you have done what you feel best under the circumstances.So glad you will get to meet your gorgeous new bub on Friday!

Tracey im sorry you wont be getting your VBAC but like others have said you shouldnt feel bad because you have made an informed decision and your just doing whats best for you & bubs at this point. I cant wait to hear the birth announcement!!!

Liam arrived today!!!
    c/s which she was rather pleased about considering he was 9lb + some! Born at 10.30 this morning.
    I was looking in her belly and baby buddy thread earlier and found that...i was anxious to know so was having a little peek..LOL

paradise lost Guest

Oh i'm SO glad he got to choose his birthday and get some of those good labour hormones

Congratulations deancey!!! Well done mama!!!

Bx

yay, congrats Deancey!
    And welcome to the world little Liam!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast