Thread: VBA2C

Default VBA2C

Okay

I'm not pregant yet and I don't even really know if I will be again but I am curious as to the chances of having a VBA2C. Would there be an OB anywhere who would encourage this?

I had an emergency C/S with Jack after 13 1/3 hours labour ... fully dialated but his head was stuck in the wrong position due to him being a bit cramped for space (he was 57cms).

I was going to try for a VBAC with Asha but then when it came down to the final decision time, Ryan was with me and the OB had told him of the risks involved and having experienced a heartbreaking stillbirth in his previous marriage he just didn't want to risk losing me or the baby, no matter how small the risk.

I think if we were to have another baby I could manage to convince him that things would be ok but as I asked ... would there be an OB who would consider letting me even try for VBA2C???

Cheers

Absolutely Kelly! YAY for you Check out birthrites if you haven't already. I know of a few obs around who are VBA2C friendly, and I'm sure there would be some in WA.

I get so excited reading about prospective VBAC's I say go for it! I've read about plenty of VBA2C's

*hugs*
    Cailin

Kelly i am the same as you would love to have a VBA2C's.

Hopefully i will be able too. Waiting to have my first midwife appt and then should get to see a OB at the hospital. I'm not going private so i don't get to choose who i see.

Go FOR IT GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have read of several women on birthrites that have achieved their vba2c, one was even a vba3c !! Woo HOO Woman gotta do what woman gotta do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

They are chatting about it in the midwifery list I am on and someone mentioned 6 ago in Canberra, a mother had her 8th baby at home after 7 caesareans! Now that's amazing.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

WOW, isnt it amazing what we women can do, given the opportunity, and right support and info!!!!!!!

vetty Guest

Hi all, i am curious to hear from anyone else who has been succesful in achieving VBA2C. i am contemplating this after 2 c-sections the last being Feb 2005. my first was induced labour that did not progess to we opted for c-section the 2nd was c-section because i chickened out inthe end. my ob was great however now in retrospect i think a little to keen to agree to c-section, claiming it was the safest option. my 2nd pregancy was perfect and there was no reason at all to have a c-section other than i got scared and really what happened with my first was not that bad in comparison to others, i was just unprepared, nervous, anxious etc etc etc which made it worse.