Thread: Vba2c and diabetes

Default Vba2c and diabetes

Hi,

I just wanted some advice and opinions,

I am currently 9wks preggies with bubs 3 and have been told already that i will need a booked c/section at 38wks due to the fact that i have 2 prev c/sections and that i have type 2 diabetes.

I would really really love a vbac and im not sure if it is even possible.

The very least thing i would lke is not to have a booked c/section but go into labour naturally at least then i will know that bubs is ready

Just a note both my prev c/sections where emergency,i fully from the bottom of my heart dont beleive the first was an emergency and it was rushed and i was scared into it by the docter telling me and dh that me and dd would die

But the main reason is that i still want more kids and im only 24yr old and they have been telling me that in australia only 3 c.section are allowed.So what would they do if i get pregg again..refuse me??

Sorry for the long post,but im scared and confused because i just want a healthy baby,but at the same time dont wanna ruin my chances of having more kids

So any advice or is anyone in the same boat?

Anyone??

I think there are people on this site that have had successful vba2c. I have just had a pregnancy with Gestational Diabetes and there is a lot of pressure to induce at 38weeks. I held off until 39+3, would have loved to wait until baby came on his own (my BSL were good and I knew he was in no danger) but there was too much pressure from everyone. I hope that someone can answer you, maybe try ringing around to find a Dr that would support you.

I see your from Sydney, are you far from John Hunter Hospital? I know many women from Sydney and surrounds come up to JHH to have their VBAC under Dr Bisits.

I`m sure there have been a few women here on BB who have had a VBAC after 2 c/s`s.

Re: how many c/s`s you can have, I have been told you can have as many as your body can cope with, many have had 4 c/s`s.

Good Luck.

Hi there , i had a c/section with my 3, 4 i had vbac and i had diabets, i dont see any reason you shoud be able to do what fells right for you.

hey rurumummy

with 2 previous c/s that have been classified 'emergency' due to any number of reasons, it would be unlikely for many Ob's to not be at all keen to offer a Vbac...perhaps if the previous c/s where for precautionary reasons they may be willing to compromise, but if the reason was a risk to you or your baby they would not take that chance. Diabetes certainly wont sway them in your favor, as this puts additional complications on pregnancy, labor and the potential affects on your baby

sorry...I dont wish to be so glum...

and most Ob's again will only perform 3 c/s...as the uterus is weakened and increases the risk of a number of complications...if you got pregnant again you would need to find a Ob that was confident and very good

again, sorry...I normally always put a postive spin on things

on the up side though...there are still lots of things you can do to help compromise the situation and even have a birth plan

hope this helps

xx yogababy

Hi

Thanks everyone for your replies,I understand that my chances are slim but i would like to at least go into labour on my own.
    I will be giing birth at the RPA so i will have a talk to the ob that i get and hopefully they are vbac supportive and give me a go.
    The first c/section was failure to progress..i stopped dilating at 5cm and the second c/section was because of my previous ceasar they would only let me labour for 2hrs and they expected me to prgress really fast ,so because she was a big girl (4.990kg) they said its too dangerous and tookme in for a c/section...i dont know if these would be counted as life threatning i think more procautionary reasons.

Anyway i will give it a go and at the end of the day i just want a healthy bubs

hi I do second the John Hunter Hospital if you can't get the medical staff at RPA on side. Dr Bisets is very pro VBAC and is monitoring me for a possible VBAC2 provided all my medical problems with my last two pregnancies stay at bay.
    Melissa

Im really far from john hunter and also im going public,

so hopefully the RPA obs are supportive

Thanks