Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBA3C...am I dreaming???

Unhappy VBA3C...am I dreaming???

Ok, I am a student midwife and have all sorts of opinions in regards to my wanting to have a VBA3C when we have another baby. Sadly, most of them have been ' no way...no one will do it!!' What I am wanting to know from you very wise women is, do I have a chance of finding on ob in Melbourne who will let me have a 'trial of scar', or should I just accept that it wont happen.

Sorry if i sound like a defeatest, but I have had it with other people looking at me like i have two heads when I say i would like to try for a vaginal birth with our 4th babe, WHEN it happens

Thanks,

M

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hella yeah, you should go for it!!! Crazy when we know that the more c/s you have, the more riskier it becomes... so I would go for it - if I can help in anyway, let me know! I can try and chat to some Obs on your behalf if you like and see what we can work out as from memory you wanted to have a hospital birth. You could always speak to some IM's too xx
    Last edited by BellyBelly; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Kel...In regards to an IM, I dont know that I am up for a home birth...but I know with the right support I could...still that lingering seed of fear that I should let go.

I can tell you now that i shall certainly be utilising your services when the time comes!!

If you happen to be speaking to some obs, yeah, if you can suss it out that would be great! I guess I need to know what my options are in regards to mode of care.

xx

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I know down at warragul there is a dr who fully supports VBAC after multiple cs!! give them a call and have a chat good luck

ikwym... and I would be honoured xx
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Feeb...I am gathering as many contacts as I can!!!

SamanthaP Guest

How about looking for a midwife to support you?

Thats what I have been thinking about today...I think that will give me my best chance too.

Just wanted to say best of luck with this darlin..... i think you should go for it!!!!!
    xoox

Thanks so much Edensmumma...I need all the encouragement I can get!!

You'll be just great... trust your body, trust your inner wisdom and trust in those who will support you...
    Kelly xx

I thought i remember reading somewhere (on these forums even) that there is evidence now to suggest that there is no greater risk no matter how many c-sections you've had or if there is its so low that its trivial.
    Hell yeah go for it! i've got an appointment at the hospital on tuesday, i'm gonna demand my VBA2C! i'll let you know how it goes hehe.

LizMag Guest

Hi everyone,
    I just read all these posts and I just wanted to say that I have tears in my eyes now!!! I have had 2 c/s and I had basicially given up on ever having a natural viginal birth but now I have decided that I am going to give it a try for my 3rd!!
    We will not be trying to have another baby now for another 18 months or so, so I was wondering if there is anything that I could do now in the lead up to make my chances of sucess higher???
    Liz

Liz,

Bodywise - there is nothing you need to do. Your body is absolutely capable. Mentally - READ, READ, READ. Read birth stories of women who have birthed naturally after multiple c/s, read research that supports it and read about all the options for care providers - ie midwives, Obs, hospital vs homebirth. Once you can get through the mental barriers, your amazing body will do the rest.

Cara x

I truly believe that the mind is the holder of the key to enable one to be able to trust the body enough to know that it CAN birth vaginally.

This is one of the biggest frustrations for me, as I come across other midwives, albeit in the private sector, that think i am mad and don't have a hope in hell of finding ANYONE to support my vba3c. But having you amazing women here to back me up has helped me to know otherwise. So thank you all for your much needed support!!

xxxx
    Last edited by mummato3; November 27th, 2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: I cant spell at this time of night!!!

Way to go Liz! i'm cheering for you!
    There are heaps of really good books you can read to help prepare yourself. One book i'm reading atm i got from my local library is called 'Adventures in Natural Childbirth' It is such a good read. Its not a teaching book exactly like the others (which are all also very beneficial to read) Its actually a book full of childbirth stories from all sorts of women who have had natural births in various ways. I've learnt alot from reading it, like learning from other's experiences and stuff, and its just a plain good read if nothing else because they're all real stories from real women.
    There's a list of recommended books somewhere on this webpage too that you may find useful.

Silent Knife (caesarean prevention and VBAC) is a great one, as is The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth. Haven't read The VBAC Companion but its a goodie too.
    Kelly xx

LizMag Guest

thanks all... I think i might head to the lib and get myself some reading material... I am actually quiet excited!! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast