Thread: vba3c-wanting to hear of success stories

mummah07 Guest

Question vba3c-wanting to hear of success stories

I have 3 beautiful boys, 1st induced labour baby stressed and born by emerg caesar. Decided hastily to have number 2 by elect caesar, 3rd i wanted to try naturally but hosp i chose doesnt do vba2c.Went into labour naturally but cos of hosp policy had to have caesar. Resigned myself to fact that i would be having number 4 by caesar only to recently find having chosen diff hosp i can have the birth of my choice. i would dearly love to give the natural way a go but am terrified of jeopardising my baby's health like my first baby. love to hear positive successful stories. our baby girl is due on november 14th 2008. I am 21weeks and 5 days.

Just wanted to wish you all the best! I can't help with a VBA3C. I had a successful VBAC last year. I hope that you get a successful VBA3C as it's truly an amazing experience.

paradise lost Guest

Go read this woman's story. Keep the tissues handy though - i'm bawling my eyes out! LOL. SHe has a video attached, i highly recommend you watch it. I think it will resonate. Peace to you mama, i'm gonna go google up some more hope and joy for you...

paradise lost Guest

Here is another VBA3C story, and another, and another that last lady had 3 c-sections and then 8(!!!!!) homebirths!!!

These are VBA2C's here and here. And another and another.

Here is the blog of a woman going for a VBA3C in early 2009. Maybe you can comment on her blog and get some company for the journey.

Lots of love and good thoughts.

Bx

ETA - i found this article too. Don't be confused, the main article on the page is about breastfeeding and HIV but if you scroll down about half way to the bottom there's a question from a reader about VBAC and a bunch of midwives responding to tell her about their clients VBACs after varying numbers of c-sections. One midwife has a client who had 2 VBA7C's!!! Take joy! Oh, and welcome to Bellybelly

All the research that I found said that the risks with a 4th ceserian were higher than attempting a vbac. Your chances of rupturing are only 0.9%. The risks of a 4th ceserian go up substantially higher than the risks of a vbac.

http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patient...press/?ID=2835

Risk of Uterine Rupture With a Trial of Labor in Women With Multiple and Single Prior Cesarean Delivery -- Landon et al. 108 (1): 12 -- Obstetrics & Gynecology

Maternal Complications Associated With Multiple Cesarean Deliveries -- Nisenblat et al. 108 (1): 21 -- Obstetrics & Gynecology

VBAC After 2 or More Cesareans
    This site is still usefull if you aren't plus-size. Heaps of links.

VBAC safety: A closer look at the 2002 JAMA study
    This article has 5 pages that explain the first page.

Our Journey to Homebirth at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, MySpace slideshows, MySpace codes, free video sharing, video montages.

It would also increase your chance of a successful vbac to hire a doula to attend your birth. I hope the links help you.