Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vbac - is anyone else trying?

Thanks for the support and positive vibes, fingers crossed hey!!!

*Yvette* Guest

Great that bub is in a good position Vanita. Hope he stays that way. Spending time on elbows and knees (whilst waggling your hips a bit even better, and so elegant) is supposed to encourage them to get into/stay in a good position. I always do it just in case.

Good luck Vanita with the VBAC & anyone else going for it.

Vanita good luck with your attempt of a VBAC I hope it goes well for you. I will be trying for one next time around. So would love to hear how it goes for you

Kirk Guest

Default VBAC

Hi all. New to the scene. Just replying to the original message of "Is anyone else trying for VBAC?". I've had a boy in the previous pregnancy coming out a c-section. He just wasn't quite ready. This pregnancy I would really like to do it the old fashioned way but am just that little bit worried. I've been looking for information on these VBAC's and am having no luck what so ever. Has someone out there got some information on VBAC's?

Hi Kirk, you need to research it well, have you doen a google search?? there is a great Pro vbac site, called birthrites, that you should hunt down, my OB gave me some books to read too ( he's a pro vbac'er) The most important thng I've found for a vbac is that you need support, from the right people, as the worng ones will try talk you out of it!!

Good luck!!!

juzzy7 Guest

Not long to go now Vanita. Hope everythings works out as you'd like. Take care.

Thanks jussy, lets hope the body remembers what to do, getting a little scared of course.

Vanita, you will do fine sweet. And don't worry, as soon as those contractions start your body soon remembers what it has to do.

Don't be scared girl, easy to say on this side of it all but trust in you and your body and you will do great.

Take care
    Trish

Hi. I just found this thread and i too am hoping for a vbac. I had a pretty easy c-section but i just think the recovery would be soo much easier with a natural (it won't take me 10mins to pull myself out of bed!).
    Hope all goes well for you Vanita!
    Good Luck!

Thanks Trish, I know I should feel confident, having been there, done that, all I can say is thank god mums going to be there for extra support!!

ME ME ME!!!! Well hopefully if this bubba sticks! I spoke to my OB tonight (he called me at home to see if I had any questions :shock and he sounds AWESOME! I knew he would be as I had him on good recommendations but it was fantastic to talk to him. He asked me how I came to find him, and when I said I heard he had a great success with VBAC's he said, no I don't my patients do...awwwww! And even before I said I wanted a VBAC (I mentioned I'd had a c/s with Paris) he said we'll let nature take its course. He went on to tell me that he'd had 3 vbac's this week 2 went vaginal one went c/s after 4 hrs at 9 cms and his opinion they were all successful vbacs because they all went as far as they could which is what he and his patients want to achieve. Isn't that great? Thats something I'd expect to hear from a midwife LOL not an OB (that sounds bad doesn't it). He went on and on about letting nature take its course, and when I said I had a 9lber the first time he said thats a big baby but he didn't say it was impossible! He told me all that whats happening with with streaks and so forth sounds normal to him and not to worry. He said I'll probably feel better when I see the HCG levels have gone up and that will be fine. He also said if I want to call him at anytime I can. I have his home number and a special "Call line" for him.

Anyway I've dribbled enough but I'm ecstatic!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin, Your OB sounds Fantastic!

Nic

Cailin he sound fantastic! Its so good to have an OB who is supportive.

Cailin, you have just overcome the biggest hurdle to having a successful vbac, a supportive carer!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats great, lets hope this ones a sticker, and you can be happily planning to do it "your way"!!!!!
    My Ob was saying as vbacs cant be induced ( due to the high risk) that he's happy to let me go to about 42 weeks, as he's never had a baby not come out on its own, eventually!!!!
    YEAH to some decent ob's out there!!! =D> =D> =D>

*Yvette* Guest

Woo hoo! Vanita & Cailin it's excellent that you've both found Obs with the right attitude.

Bloody fantastic!

Congrats Guys,

Cailin sounds like your OB is great. Stick well little bubby.

Vanita, yeah you shouldn't get induced witha vbac, Breaking the waters is ok though.

Take care
    Trish

Kirk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofbundlezofjoy
    Hi Kirk, you need to research it well, have you doen a google search?? there is a great Pro vbac site, called birthrites, that you should hunt down, my OB gave me some books to read too ( he's a pro vbac'er) The most important thng I've found for a vbac is that you need support, from the right people, as the worng ones will try talk you out of it!!

Good luck!!!

THANKS HEAPS FOR REPLYING. I'LL CHECK THOSE COUPLE OF THINGS OUT AND SEE HOW I GO. MY SUPPORT PERSON IS REALLY GOOD. HE AGREES WITH ME IN TRYING TO DO IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY SO WE'LL SEE HOW WE GO. ONLY HAVE SIX WEEKS TO GO. I WISH I WOULD HAVE HEARD OF THIS SITE A BIT EARLIER BUT AH WELL. CHEERS

Hey Kirk, better late than never!!! good luck for 6 weeks!!! I am due in 3, but "usually" go early, so am hoping for any day now!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast