Thread: Vbac or CSEC???? what to do???

amina1126 Guest

Exclamation Vbac or CSEC???? what to do???

I posted eariler on here and got some great advise, i got me surgical notes and found out my uturin scar is horizantal!!! great news..... and also i ditched my ob and got a midwife...... but i think my midwife is a little lazy and "new". She keeps sending me to this Ashole OB that gives me bad looks and constantly reminds me I'm FAT ! then sends me to an anisteisologist (my spelling is horrid) who does the same, doesnt look at my spin, nothing just sits at the desk and asks me why im there??? (like i know i was sent to you) She calls me the nest day and says everyone is against me having a VBAC, but why,,,,,, She herself tells me my health is perfect except for my obeisity, my first csec was due to my ob getting my edd wrong and inducing me early!! I am even more healthier this pregnancy then my last! So what do i do any advise from women who have gone through simular.... they are trying to force me into elected csec I want a vbac, my csec was very very very horrible!! i had a hard time recovering. Im aprox. 135 kg and im 23, please help any advise will due!!

Thank you soooooo much

How many weeks are you?? If I was you I'd find someone else. VBAC is totally up to you unless there are medical reasons. I don't really know, but weight shouldn't have that much to do with it. If anything a natural labour should be better. Possibly safer? I know that its better for the bub going through the birth canal. & there's nothing like the feeling you get when you've gone through labour - I haven't had a ceaser though.
    Go see a couple other obs & see what they have to say.

I can't work out why they are pushing for you NOT to have a VBAC. Often women are fronted with issues due to their size on the off chance they do need a c/s and larger people can have problems with anaesthesia, not to mention recovery time etc. So it would be in the best interest of your health to try for a VBAC. at the end of the day they cannot force you to do anything so if you want it, then they can't stop you from having it.

amina1126 Guest

I am due on july 15 ,, Im not to sure why they are trying to force me to csec, when i ask them all they tell me is that "well they are both risky" I think they are just being like this because of my weight? it is too late to go with another doctor

I like my midwife shes nice but sometimes i wonder if she knows what shes doing? and shes lazy i have to book all my own appointments EVEN when she is refering me..... some of the secretaries are outraged when I call instead of her lol

Keep up with your appointments with her while you look for someone else.From my experience you get the ob on call at the time anyway, unless you go private. If I was you I'd look for someone else & when labour does start make it clear in your birth plan that u want vbac unless there is an emergency. It is your choice. So is the ob you use.

There is inherrently more risk with having another c/s than there is with a vaginal birth. I have seen some rather large women give birth vaginally - so there is no reason why you can't either - if you can get pg you can give birth LOL.

I had my DS at 38 weeks due to preclampsia.. BUT i was 120kg then i am sure and they were going to let me go natural but blood pressure was high..

I dont condider you obese.. there are ladies bigger then you out there, that have VBAC's.. You can do it, well at leat they should let you try!!!

I wish you the very best.. and keep pushing on!

amina1126 Guest

Thanks so much for your guy advise i talked to my midwife today and told her no matter what! i am having a vbac, and she said ok but know we have to poke a hole in your babys head and attach some king of monotar.... I was like what why, she said i needed it becasue with my weight they might mistaken the babys heartbeat with mine on external monotoring, do you think i should let them????

I think they are trying to scare you into changing your mind by telling you this and making it sound worse than it is. I was induced with my DS and it ended up emergency C/S. They attached this heart monitor thing to his head with him because he was getting into distress and wanted to monitor him more closely during the labour. The thing they put onto their head leave only the slightest little scratch. No worse than they give themselves with there little finger nails in the first few weeks. "Hole in the head" that comment has me furious.

I don't know about your weight being a problem or not but don't let the Internal Fetal Monitor scare you into a C/S if that is the only thing that is the problem.

Stick to what you want and don?t let them push you into something you don?t. Speak to another midwife about how they attach the monitor who is independent of the situation.

Good luck with your VBAC