Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vbac that did go wrong!

krittle Guest

thank you so much for writing your story on here i am so sorry for your loss.

I am currently nearly 18 weeks pg with my second baby, my DD was born via c-section jan of last year due to her being a frank breech and i was told there was no way i would be naturally giving birth to her so that was fine i accepted that and ended up having a c-section which i think i coped with very well and cant say i had a bad experience with it or felt any less of a mum to my little girl for doing it as i know it was the best thing for both of us at the time, now that i am pg with #2 i guess i had just always thought that i would have another c-section due to that i am not very convinced with the stats about VBAC and dont feel confident about it, but my gp who is an ob who i see for shared care and also the midwifes who i have spoken to are all really pushing me to have this one naturally, i thought that this would be my decision but i am not being made to feel that way and i am quiet concerned.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am a successful VBAC after an emergency c-section. I trialled a vaginal breech to 7cm before foetal distress required the surgical route. There is 18 months between DD and DS.

The risks for both methods of delivery exist, however my personal opinion is the risks associated with a VBAC are amplified. I chose an informed VBAC knowing the benefits and the risks to myself and my baby.

Regardless of your birthing method be informed, ask questions and be confident in your choice.

Default Contact

Hi, I am so sorry. My email address changed a while back and I forgot to change it here. So Sorry. At first I was told I would not be able to have more cildren, but after various disscussions with Doctors we were told we could try again. It was always going to be high risk and trust me it was, besides the previous rupture complications at 19 weeks I found out I have grade 4 placenta Praevia. It was so scary the whole pregnancy and my Charlie was born at 33 weeks, major dramas with both of us. But that is another story.
    He is now a cheeky 2 1/2 year old.

If you still want to email me go ahead, I am always willing to help.

Many thanks nikki

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for replying. My GP is going to refer me back to the ob who did my caesar to see if I definitely can't have anymore children. He also said he'd send me to other obstitricians for more opinions. My GP explained that if I was able to have another child that I would more than likely have to have it earlier, probably around 35 weeks. I really would love to have another child but I know that if I am allowed that I will panic through the whole pregnancy.

Hi Leigh,

I have to say it was a constant worry with our last bub even more so with the added problems of placenta praevia. He was born at 33 weeks as I went into labour which they did try to stop. But as they really did not want me to have contractions a c- section was the only choice. That in itself caused major problems due to the placenta being in the way, then I was to have a straight general and once under it took over 6 goes to intubate ( can't spell). As a result DS had too much anastetic and was very poorly and rushed straight to Brisbane via helicopter. I was sent to ICU as the placenta had grown through the uterus wall and bleeding was a huge problem. I was transferred to Brisbande after 2 days to be with DS. He came home after 3 weeks, he is now a very cheeky and naughty 2 1/2 year old.

It was very tough but so worth it, and I think the one we forget is our DH who has watched me come close to death twice, but he has always stuck by me.

Do not want to scare you as I am so very happy that we did try again, but understand if people find it too stressful. Hope you get there, many thanks nikki

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the info. My god that must have been pretty scary for your whole family. I will wait and see what the obstitrician says when I go back to him. If he says yes I can try for one more DH and I will have to sit down and discuss the situation. I really would love to have another child but we'll have to wait and see what the risks are first. I am hoping they wont be too high.

Thanks again!!!

hi nikki

sorry for the loss of your baby girl, such a tragic story and very similar to mine: http://forums.bellybelly.com.au/foru...ilda-rose.html (can't get the link to work, but my story is in the stories of loss section - under Milana Matilda Rose).
    would love to chat/email you at some point, if that will be ok, just pm me and let me know.
    thanks
    Last edited by BabyButterfly; July 29th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456