Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #2

Details all added Kelly and welcome! I wish you the best of luck for trying to achieve a VBAC

Also Christy - best of luck to you too chook...

Thank you girls for your support.

Cailin - I`d love a copy especially at the moment when I`m really doubting myself, I certainly blame my doubts on my original OB shooting me down in flames when I was feeling so empowered about a VBAC, I haven`t got back to that stage yet and hope to soon.

Christy - Your more ahead then what I am with my VBAC research, I`ve tried getting a couple of books from my local library but they don`t have them and can`t get them in, one I was in particularly was Silent Knife, unfortunately I can`t borrow it. Looks like I`m going to have to buy all the books that I want which is a bit of a nuisance.

Silly me read a few stories on uterine ruptires ](*,) and I`ve been worried about a UR ever since, I`m so silly as I wasn`t concerned about a UR until I read these stories.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Dee, it's possible to have a UR at any time, not just a VBAC, even during a caesar I believe. But the risk is so small and smaller than during a repeat caesar I am pretty sure. Don't read the bad stuff, read the good stuff, the ones that give you power...

If you want empowerment, try and grab a copy of the book I mentioned, "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth." Also ask your Doula - she should have some references or if not, know where to get them. I have a copy, so if all else fails let me know. You'll not only be back to where you were, but twofold and you probably will no longer give a rats about your Ob shooting you down. It will give you power baby yeh!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Dee, email me your address I'll post my copy to you as I finished it today and my silent knife is getting here next week....

Oooh Christy I would love your thoughts now you have finished it! I am thinking of putting together a book review section if you would even be interested in that?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Sure Kelly no worries... I'd have to take a bit more time on that... do you have a list of questions or points that you want addressed?

Hi all have just email Kelly with that list of links that I sent to min. So she can know put the upto date version on the site for you all.
    I am so pleased you have found it helpful Min.
    Cheers

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Have been thinking more about the upcoming birth of our second and was wodnering if there is any info on birthing positions. I mean when your trying to keep active what positions are best for helping your pelvis 'open' up the best? I have heard that kneeling is not good but squating is?I just would like to know so I can practise the positions so I can do them while in labour.

Kirsty - I just noticed your another one who was diagnosed with CPD, it`s ridiculous how many times they diagnose women with CPD then we find out later how inaccurate it is.

I haven`t as yet brought the Pink Kit but I think that shows you different positions, Kelly would be able to tell you more.

I brought a book called - Having A Great Birth In Australia, it`s very interesting and I can relate to so many stories in there plus there is a woman`s birth story in there which both Tiff and the Midwives at the Hospital were telling me about and the new OB I`m seeing has a few pages as an afterword in the book, I`m finding it very encouraging.

Kirsty, grab 'New Active Birth' by Janet Balaskas and it goes into making the most of your pelvis with positions

CPD is often diagnosed when it's simply a position issue... lots of posterior bubs in particular... so it's not that baby pelvis is too small or baby too big, but baby not in a good position to fit!
    Last edited by BellyBelly; May 9th, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Kelly xx

Hi Girls, thought I`d update you:

I had my 28 weeks appointment at the Hospital today to see my new OB, I was called in by a young man who I knew wasn`t my new OB, he then mentioned that I`m 40 weeks, 6 days pregnant :shock: Once I told him no I`m 28 weeks, he asked how I`m feeling if baby was moving, again I thought that was a silly question why not Are you getting plenty of movements OMG if bubs wasn`t moving they`d be hearing me!!!!!

I mentioned I was told I was meant to see Dr XXXXX, he asked why, so I had to explain that I was attempting a VBAC ](*,) He went and spoke to a lady she mentioned to him I will not see Dr XXXX till I`m much futiure on in my pregnancy, a different story to what I was told in the first place.

So up on the bed I got, BP seemed like it took 10 minutes to do, fundal height, what a laugh I could tell he had no idea what he was doing.

I asked about booking into Hospital - my reply: Oh not yet, it`s too early.

On the way out I had to ask when do I come back - 4 weeks, hmm again I was told from 28 weeks it`s every 2 weeks.

So all in all I was totally disapointed as I didn`t see the OB I was meant to nor the purple team of midwives,I have no idea who this man was, a midwife, Dr or whom, I`m sure he was still in training.

I`m still looking forward to my VBAC, I just hope I do get to see my OB before I go into labour!!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Thats exactly what the midwife told me Kelly. Its just the bub is in the wrong position and labour stalled. They have given me the go ahead for a VBAC(like they had a choice!)Midwives are so supportive of my decision its just the docs that worry me(all men)that want to induce me early blah blah.I put up a fight though so they said we'd discuss it further at my next appt.Why can't we just see midwives instead of the docs!AND I'm classified as 'high risk' because I want a VBAC.I was so mad when they said that.

oh kirsty me too! I got so mad that they labeled me high risk.... then today I saw the OB at the hospital for the first time & she said, high risk of uterine rupture & I asked her what the risk was for first time pregnancies & she said "about the same" Luckily this doctor was supportive of a VBAC, but I think mainly because her second was VBAC... the first was another story of "failure to progress" but the second was a VBAC so she was encouraging... hopefully I will get her closer to the date.

Kirsty77 Guest

Owww swap docs Christy!LOL! I HATE being labelled high risk!

Hmm, I`m not classed as high risk at my Hospital, I was told I`d be a good candidate for the Birthing Center if I`d come in earlier as I`m not classed as high risk even though I`ve had a c/s.

How do they induce you with a VBAC if you need to be induced?

The Ob reptured my membranes but I was already in first stage labour, and I was leaking fluid, we just wanted to give things a bit of a kick off, but other than that I dont think they will induce if you are a vbacer. Do you know inductions cause more UR's than vbacs?? I am talking first time mums no history, and the induction is soo forceful on the body it causes a rupture.

Vanita thats interesting... no wonder with being induced I was stuck to the bed.

Thanks Vanita, so if bubs needs to come out asap and they can`t induce they`d do a c/s????? Not that I`m wanting to be induced at all I was just wondering what do they do if bubs needs to come out.

Just had a thought about my own Mum (Vanita when you mentioned inductions and UR`s) , when she had me - I was a footling breech birth, they tried everything for 2 weeks to try to turn me, in the end they induced Mum with the syncotin drip, they ended up turning it as far as it could go to give things a move on as the OB was going to play golf Makes me shudder what they put both Mum and myself through.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast